Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|The Muppet Show|
|Production||July 8-10, 1980|
|Premiere|| UK: January 11, 1981|
US: February 7, 1981
Statler and Waldorf get their chance to do a better show than Kermit--they play host, while Kermit and Fozzie watch from the balcony. Unfortunately, Statler and Waldorf's acts don't turn out exactly as they plan.
The Berlin National Opera Company, who were going to perform the first act finale from Siegfried, can't make it on time, so the Salzburg Sauerkraut Singers have been sent in. Statler and Waldorf didn't agree beforehand on which holiday Hal should do a tribute to, so Hal's Fourth of July number is invaded by Gonzo singing Christmas songs from a chicken-drawn sleigh. Plus, Miss Piggy sings "Just an Old-Fashioned Girl," instead of the star from India, Indira Mahashira. Finally, Statler and Waldorf admit that the show is harder to put together than it looks and happily go back to complaining from the balcony.
- Senior citizen rock group Geri and the Atrics sing "Who Put the Bomp (in the Bomp, Bomp, Bomp)."
- The Salzburg Sauerkraut Singers perform "Drinking Song"
- Medley: Hal sings "Yankee Doodle Boy" and gets interrupted by Gonzo singing "Jingle Bells"
- UK Spot: Two British Whatnots and some dogs sing "Ob-La-Di, Ob-La-Da"
- Hal and Robin the Frog sing "If We Ruled the World"
- Miss Piggy sings "Just an Old Fashioned Girl"
- Hal and the Electric Mayhem perform "When the Saints Go Marching In"
- Kermit the Frog, Fozzie Bear, Statler and Waldorf, Pops, Miss Piggy, Link Hogthrob, Gonzo, Chickens, Penguins, Geri and the Atrics, Salzburg Sauerkraut Singers, Butch, Prairie Dogs, Whatnots, Beauregard, Robin the Frog, Dr. Teeth, Animal, Floyd Pepper, Janice, Lips
- Jim Henson as Kermit the Frog, Waldorf, Link Hogthrob and Dr. Teeth
- Frank Oz as Fozzie Bear, Miss Piggy, Animal, Atrics piano player and Salsburg Sauerkraut Singer
- Jerry Nelson as Floyd Pepper, Robin, Pops, Atrics tambourine player, Salsburg Sauerkraut Singer and British man
- Richard Hunt as Statler, Janice, Pair of teeth, Salsburg Sauerkraut Singer and British man
- Dave Goelz as Gonzo, Beauregard, Salsburg Sauerkraut Singer and Atrics drummer
- Steve Whitmire as Lips and Atrics tuba player
- Louise Gold as Atrics guitar player
- Kathy Mullen as Atrics knitter
- Brian Muehl as the Trombone player and Salsburg Sauerkraut Singer
|Previous episode:||Next episode:|
|Gladys Knight||Marty Feldman|