|The Muppet Show|
|Guest Starring||Melissa Manchester|
|Production Dates||July 1-4, 1980|
Kermit is plagued by a night of backstage crises. A group of skiers get hurt during the opening number, and after Kermit says that the theater will cover their medical costs, Scooter forgets to cash the check. The Teeterini Family are angry that their teeter board won't fit on the stage. The Swedish Chef prepares spring chicken, and the bouncing chicken drives Kermit crazy. And let's not even talk about the blindfolded, hang-gliding yodelers.
- A group of falling skiers sing "Tumbling Tumbleweeds."
- "Don't Cry Out Loud" (Melissa Manchester)
- Beauregard plays "Oh! Susanna" on his harmonica.
- Muppet News Flash: Beef Falls Dramatically
- Pigs in Space (The Creature from Crab Nebula): An invader from the Crab Nebula turns out to be a salesman selling Spumco, the washday miracle.
- UK Spot: "Once in Love With Amy" (Pops and Fozzie Bear)
- "Whenever I Call You Friend" (Melissa, Floyd Pepper, and the Muppets)
- "How Much Is That Doggie in the Window?" (Birds, Dogs, and the Walrus)
- The Swedish Chef: Spring Chicken
- "Your Cheatin' Heart" (Melissa, The Mutations, and the pigs
- Nickelodeon: "How Much Is That Doggie in the Window?" was cut.
- Kermit the Frog, Fozzie Bear, Miss Piggy, Rowlf the Dog, Link Hogthrob, Dr. Strangepork, Floyd Pepper, Lips, Beauregard, The Newsman, Pops, Gonzo, Scooter, The Swedish Chef, Statler and Waldorf, The Mutations, Chopped Liver, Bull, Chickens, Cow, Whatnots, Birds
- Janice, Animal, Robin the Frog, Crazy Harry, Annie Sue Pig, Pigs, Dogs, Muppy, Afghan Hound, Poodle, Walrus, Two-Headed Woman, Gaffer
- Jim Henson as Kermit the Frog, Rowlf, Waldorf, Link Hogthrob, the Swedish Chef and the Newsman
- Frank Oz as Fozzie Bear, Miss Piggy and Animal
- Jerry Nelson as Floyd Pepper, Pops, the Announcer, Dr. Strangepork, a Skier and a Chicken
- Richard Hunt as Scooter, Janice and Statler
- Dave Goelz as Gonzo, Beauregard, Chopped-Liver Monster and a Skier
- Steve Whitmire as Lips, a Skier and Dog
- Kathy Mullen as Gaffer
- Louise Gold as Annie Sue Pig and a Teeterini family member
- Brian Muehl as others
|Previous episode:||Next episode:|
|Paul Simon||Tony Randall|