|The Muppet Show|
|Production||March 17-20, 1980|
Rizzo and the other rats bother Kermit for a spot on the show, so Kermit asks Beauregard to "take care of" them. Of course, Bo takes that literally, and treats them as guests. They make Beau their president, and manipulate him into giving them food. Eventually the rats become so bold that they decide to take over the show. Kermit says Beau has to kick them out, or he goes with them. Beau chooses to stick with his new rat friends, until Miss Piggy enlightens him.
- Prairie Dogs, weasels and raccoons sing "Man Smart, Critter Smarter" finishing their number by blowing up a pollution-spewing factory.
- Joan sings "Honest Lullaby"
- Guest Star's Dressing Room: Joan does an imitation of Marlon Brando in The Godfather.
- Pigs in Space (Rat Attack): -- Rizzo tries to join the Swinetrek's crew.
- UK Spot: "Blackbird" (Floyd and Janice)
- Joan and the animals sing "The Night They Drove Old Dixie Down"
- Fozzie's Comedy Act: Fozzie tells jokes in the woods
- Joan and the Muppets sing "Will the Circle Be Unbroken"
- This episode is the first time Rizzo the Rat had a major speaking role. He first appeared in episode 418, and had occasional background parts since then. Even in this episode, he doesn't stand out much from the rest of the rats, mostly appearing in a crowd. His only solo scene is the "Pigs in Space" sketch, but he isn't referred to by name.
- Kermit the Frog, Beauregard, Rizzo the Rat, Rats, Fozzie Bear, Whatnot, Miss Piggy, Dr. Strangepork, Link Hogthrob, Floyd Pepper, Janice, Baby, Prairie Dogs, Billy the Bear, Deer, Skunk, Raccoons, Weasels, Muskrat, Fox, Beaver, Pops, Statler and Waldorf
- Scooter, Brown Bear, Gonzo, Robin the Frog, Lew Zealand, Chickens, Pig, Annie Sue Pig, Mickey Moose, Flower, George Rabbit, Old Skyball Paint, Penguins, James Badger, Gaffer
- Jim Henson as Kermit the Frog, Waldorf, Link Hogthrob, Rat and Beaver
- Frank Oz as Miss Piggy, Fozzie Bear and Rat
- Jerry Nelson as Pops, Floyd Pepper, Dr. Julius Strangepork, Gopher, Rat, Snake, Muskrat and the Announcer
- Richard Hunt as Statler, Janice, Scooter, Rat, Skunk, Raccoons and Billy the Bear
- Dave Goelz as Beauregard and Gonzo
- Steve Whitmire as Rizzo the Rat, Snake, Fox and Deer
- Louise Gold as Baby
- Kathy Mullen as others
|Previous episode:||Next episode:|
|Loretta Swit||Shirley Bassey|