|The Muppet Show|
|Guest Starring||Loretta Swit|
|Production Dates||March 10-13, 1980|
|Home Video||A Fantástica Miss Piggy|
Miss Piggy plants a rumor in Tongue Magazine alleging that she and Kermit were secretly married in Las Vegas. Kermit gets so mad that he fires Piggy, and asks Loretta to take her place. Loretta appears in "Vet's Hospital" and "Pigs in Space", where she's a great success. Piggy tries to make a grand, dramatic exit, but she gets so jealous of Loretta that she invades the Swinetrek herself.
- Gonzo appears as a farmer in "Ain't Nobody Here But Us Chickens," with Muppet predators singing with the chickens.
- Loretta sings "I Feel the Earth Move" while a gigantic Thog destroys the landscape.
- Veterinarian's Hospital (Nurse Loretta): Loretta replaces Nurse Piggy
- UK Spot: Rowlf and the gang rehearse a goodbye song for Miss Piggy: "Auld Lang Syne." They switch to "For She's a Jolly Good Porker" when they realize that Foo Foo will leave with her.
- As Piggy packs up her dressing room, she sings a tearful "Some of These Days."
- Pigs in Space (First Mate Loretta): Loretta replaces Miss Piggy.
- "Side by Side by Side / What Would We Do Without You?" (Loretta & The Muppets)
- Nickelodeon: The "Vet's Hospital" sketch was cut from this episode.
- Kermit the Frog, Miss Piggy, Foo-Foo, Scooter, Gonzo, Rowlf the Dog, Janice, Link Hogthrob, Dr. Strangepork, Statler and Waldorf, Floyd Pepper, Fozzie Bear, Pops, Thog, Chickens, Billy the Bear, The Snorers' Chorus, Weasels, Snakes, Brown Bear
- Rizzo the Rat, Zoot, Annie Sue Pig, Beauregard, Brown Bat, Beaker, Whatnots, Fox, Armstrong the Chicken Hawk, Skunk, Raccoon
- Jim Henson as Kermit the Frog, Waldorf, Link Hogthrob, Rowlf and Brown Bear
- Frank Oz as Miss Piggy and Fozzie Bear
- Jerry Nelson as Pops, Floyd Pepper, Camilla, Weasel, Billy the Bear and Dr. Julius Strangepork
- Richard Hunt as Scooter, Statler, Janice and Beaker
- Dave Goelz as Gonzo
- Steve Whitmire as Foo-Foo, Rizzo the Rat, Thog, Weasel, Snake, Snorers' Chorus member, Photographer and Whatnot
- Louise Gold as Annie Sue Pig
- Kathy Mullen as others
- Betsy Baytos as others
|Previous episode:||Next episode:|
|Gene Kelly||Joan Baez|