|Plot||Elmo Wants to Have a Ball|
|Air date||February 6, 2012|
|Season||Season 42 (2011-2012)|
|Syndication||PBS Kids Sprout|
Elmo's got a dollar, and he wants a Stupendous Ball! It costs five dollars, so Luis explains that people usually work for money. He offers Elmo a job helping him fix the ice cream maker, and pays him one dollar.
Now it's time for Elmo to save money in a piggy bank. He earns another dollar helping Leela fold clothes, and another returning empty bottles to Hooper's Store. Then he gets a card from his nana with one dollar in it. Bingo! Stupendous Ball time!
Elmo's about to pay for his ball, but he runs into Cookie Monster, who has no money to buy cookies. Elmo gives him one of his dollars, so he's got to save a little longer. But wait, what's this? The Fantastic Ball costs only four dollars…exactly how much Elmo has!
- Gustavo Dudamel and Elmo explain what "stupendous" means.
- Murray and Ovejita present the letter D.
- Animation: D for dolphin, dive and deep. (First: Episode 4237)
- Abby's Flying Fairy School: Macaronisaurus (First: Episode 4207)
- Magic Murray conjures five cookies.
- Cartoon: Five dogs receive 5 bones. (Todd Parr)
- Super Grover 2.0: Sandlot Days (First: Episode 4217)
- Cartoon: A sad creature gets a hug. (First: Episode 4228)
- Murray plays "Dare to Compare" with balls.
- Animation: "The Job Song"
- Elmo's World: Mail (First: Episode 4031)
- The street scene for this episode is borrowed from the educational resource video, For Me, For You, For Later.
|Previous episode:||Next episode:|
|Episode 4281||Episode 4283|