|Air date||December 30, 2011|
|Season||Season 42 (2011)|
Sesame Workshop description
It is a windy autumn day on Sesame Street, and Chris, Elmo and Rosita hear Stinky calling out from underneath a pile of leaves. They dig him out, but he says it will just happen again since he gets covered with leaves every single day. Rosita suggests that they try to figure out which tree the leaves are coming from by comparing a leaf that fell on Stinky to leaves on some of the surrounding trees. When they discover which tree the leaf came from, Leela and Chris explain that the tree is deciduous, which means it loses its leaves every fall and grows them back every spring. Since Stinky doesn’t want to move, they all think of ways that they can protect him from the falling leaves. First Elmo and Rosita try an umbrella, but Stinky explains that it’s not good since it blocks the sunlight. Then they try a big clear bowl that will let in the sunlight, but Stinky tells them that it will keep out the raindrops that he needs. Finally they spot some mosquito netting that will let the sunlight and rain through but keep the leaves out. Using the netting, small tools and some wood, they build the perfect covering for Stinky and solve the problem!
- Ken Jeong and Elmo explain what "deciduous" means.
- Murray and the kids design twirlers that will fly in the air.
- Film: A man types N words on his computer. (First: Episode 4185)
- Abby's Flying Fairy School: Opposite Day
- Tilly and the Wall sings "The Alphabet Song." (First: Episode 4181)
- Cartoon: 15 trucks (First: Episode 4238)
- Super Grover 2.0: Attach to the Tree
- Film: African kids recite a chant - "Shake Shake The Mango Tree." The segment was filmed and directed by non-profit organization Fount of Mercy in the village of Lawanda, Uganda.
- Elmo's World: Weather (First: Episode 3984)
|Previous episode:||Next episode:|
|Episode 4276||Episode 4278|