|Plot||Elmo and the Butterfly|
|Air date||October 28, 2011|
|Season||Season 42 (2011)|
|Releases||Big Elmo Fun|
Sesame Workshop description
Elmo and Telly are reading the book Fascinating Facts about Insects. First, they see two ants and learn from their book that ants never sleep. Next, they see two ladybugs and learn that ladybugs smell with their feet. When a butterfly flutters in, they wonder where his friends are and worry that he is lonely. Elmo decides to pretend to be a butterfly so he will have a friend, but the butterfly won’t come over to Elmo. Telly checks the book and learns that butterflies go through a metamorphosis, or a big change, which is made up of four stages: starting as an egg, changing into a caterpillar, then a chrysalis and finally a butterfly. Maybe if Elmo pretends to go through the four stages, the butterfly will think Elmo is a butterfly too and be his friend. It works and the butterfly flutters over and lands on Elmo. All of a sudden lots more Monarch butterflies flutter in. Telly checks the book and explains that Monarch butterflies migrate, or move, when the seasons change. The weather is just too cold on Sesame Street in the winter.
- Michelle Monaghan and Abby explain what "fascinating" is.
- Murray, Ovejita and the kids experiment to find what can blow a tin foil ball the farthest.
- Song: "F is for Father"
- Abby's Flying Fairy School: Super Fairy (First: Episode 4258)
- Film: Kids discover a 6 in a pile of rocks.
- Super Grover 2.0: Up a Creek (First: Episode 4262)
- Film: Forward and backward on a turn-table. (First: Episode 4185)
- "Elmo's Got the Moves"
- Elmo's World: Ears (First: Episode 4032)
|Previous episode:||Next episode:|
|Episode 4267||Episode 4269|