|The Muppet Show|
|Production||February 11-16, 1980|
|Premiere|| UK: March 28, 1980|
US: May 8, 1980
Miss Piggy buys a cute new pair of shoes, but they're too small, and she can't walk in them. She wants to take them back, but Kermit compliments them, so she has to keep wearing them. She complains to Carol, who says she should have them stretched, and gives them to the gigantic Timmy Monster, who runs around the block in them.
- Medley: "Jeepers Creepers" / "I, Yi, Yi, Yi, Yi (I Like You Very Much)" / "Them There Eyes"
- "Your Feet's Too Big"
- Pigs in Space / Veterinarian's Hospital
- The Swedish Chef
- "Diamonds Are a Girl's Best Friend"
|Carol observes that it's freezing in her dressing room. Scooter points out that the low temperature is set to accommodate some penguins and a walrus.|
|The Muppet Show Theme: Gonzo is blown away in an Autumn storm.|
|Carol and some big-eyed singers sing "Jeepers Creepers," "I, Yi, Yi, Yi, Yi (I Like You Very Much)" and "Them There Eyes" as a medley.|
| ||Miss Piggy has trouble walking in some new shoes she just bought. After getting them off with Scooter's help, Kermit finds them on the table and tells her that she'd look good wearing them. She asks for Scooter's aid in putting them back on.|
|"Whistling Cecilia": In a sketch, Carol plays Cecilia Sisson, a silent film star who never made it in talkies because she whistles with every "s".|
|While wearing the shoes, Piggy hides her discomfort as Kermit tells her to walk around in them.|
|Two huge-footed monsters sing "Your Feet's Too Big".|
|UK Spot: Floyd and Beauregard play "Wave" to the Penguins.|
|Pigs in Space / Veterinarian's Hospital: There is an invisible force field in the doors, preventing anyone from leaving. Miss Piggy is late for the sketch, because her feet are too sore from her new shoes. Dr. Bob and Nurse Janice show up to try to make Piggy's feet feel better. With Miss Piggy being the only one who can leave, Janice cues the announcer so that they can get out.|
|In the dressing room, Piggy confesses to Carol that she hates wearing those tight shoes. Carol has a solution: Timmy Monster can walk around in them.|
|The Swedish Chef makes "meatloaf" by stuffing a loafer with meat. The owner of the shoe, a pig, demands to have his shoe back, and puts it on, despite the fact that there is meat in it. He then gets chased by dogs.|
|Timmy comes back with the shoes, which are now Timmy-sized. "I'm alone in a world of weirdos," Piggy laments.|
| ||Carol, Miss Piggy, and the Pigs sing "Diamonds Are a Girl's Best Friend"|
|Kermit reports that all the diamonds have to be returned. After Piggy begs, he lets her keep just one, which is an engagement ring!|
| Statler and Waldorf are decked with the diamonds.|
Statler: "With friends like these …"
- This episode featured the first time the "Pigs in Space" and "Veterinarian's Hospital" sketches were mixed. On the Swinetrek, First Mate Piggy complains about her aching feet, and Dr. Bob and Nurse Janice arrive to treat her. When the Announcer closes the sketch, Dr. Bob comments, "We have him at the hospital, too."
- Unusual for a fourth season episode, Fozzie Bear doesn't make an appearance.
- Kermit the Frog, Miss Piggy, Scooter, Floyd Pepper, Statler and Waldorf, Rowlf the Dog, Janice, Link Hogthrob, Dr. Julius Strangepork, Timmy Monster, Beauregard, Featherstone, The Swedish Chef, Penguins, Monsters, Whatnots
- Jim Henson as Kermit the Frog, Rowlf, Link Hogthrob, Waldorf, and Penguin
- Frank Oz as Miss Piggy
- Jerry Nelson as Floyd Pepper, Dr. Julius Strangepork, the Announcer, Featherstone, and Male Monster
- Richard Hunt as Scooter, Janice, and Statler
- Dave Goelz as Beauregard
- Louise Gold as Annie Sue Pig and Female Monster
- Steve Whitmire as Timmy Monster
- Kathy Mullen as others
|Previous episode:||Next episode:|
|Andy Williams||Diana Ross|