|The Muppet Show|
Miss Piggy asks Andy to sing "Love Story" for her and Kermit, who have just become engaged. Unfortunately, Kermit hasn't heard about the engagement yet. The rumor slips out, and soon everyone thinks Kermit and Piggy are getting married. Meanwhile, the backstage cast puts up with a group of cheese hanging around backstage & trying to avoid the rats.
- Fozzie sings "Green Door"
- Andy sings "Where Do I Begin (Theme from Love Story)", while Miss Piggy chases Kermit
- Muppet News Flash: Rolling Cheese
- Veterinarian's Hospital: Rabbit
- UK spot: "Sam's Private Life": Kermit and Sam the Eagle talk backstage
- Andy and a Barbershop Quartet of Whatnots sing "Jubilee Time"
- A gang of cheese slices audition for Kermit, singing "Gouda Gouda" and "Cheddar-nooga Choo-Choo".
- Muppet Labs: Pet Converter
- Andy and Kermit sing a medley of duets, including "Two of a Kind," "How About You," "Give Me the Simple Life," and "I Love a Piano."
- From Of Muppets and Men: "When, to sing a duet with Andy Williams, Kermit perched on a stool -- apparently without assistance -- viewers inclined to watch for such things probably suspected some elaborate electronic chicanery. In fact, no such thing was employed. The legs of the stool were bisected by a mirror which faced the camera. The mirror reflected the back of the front legs which, given the symmetry of the structure, created the illusion of a complete stool. Jim was able to crouch behind the mirror and operate Kermit as easily as if he were hidden by a solid brick wall." This effect was also used at the end of The Muppet Movie, in "The Magic Store" number.
- Rizzo the Rat gets his name in this episode.
- Jim Henson as Kermit the Frog, the Newsman and Waldorf
- Frank Oz as Miss Piggy, Fozzie Bear and Sam the Eagle
- Jerry Nelson as Floyd Pepper
- Richard Hunt as Scooter, Beaker and Statler
- Steve Whitmire as Rabbit and Rizzo the Rat
- Dave Goelz as Beauregard and Dr. Bunsen Honeydew
- Louise Gold as others
- Kathy Mullen as others
|Previous episode:||Next episode:|
|Doug Henning||Carol Channing|