|The Muppet Show|
|Guest Starring||Anne Murray|
|Production Dates||January 8-11, 1980|
Scooter bothers everyone, particularly Kermit, with his skateboarding through the theater, whether riding out of control with it or causing damage to sketch sets by leaving it around for others to trip on. However the skateboard does have some advantages: Kermit gets certain guests out of the theater for free (when they want cab fare) and Scooter ultimately convinces the frog to have an all-skateboard finale to impress his uncle.
- Miss Piggy and the pigs sing "I Get Around" on motorcycles as the opening number
- Anne Murray sings "Snowbird", but is interrupted by a dodo near the end about the bulldozers about to set up new "condor-miniums" where they're standing.
- Muppet News Flash:
- On Koozebane, Green Heap and Silver Beak argue "Trudge Trudge Streak Streak"
- UK Spot: Milton Miller and His Farmyard Philharmonic Trio sing "Is This The Old Sow", much to the disgust of the audience...and the biker pigs.
- Anne and The Electric Mayhem sing "Walk Right Back"
- Beauregard sings "Dancing on the Ceiling" while a Ceiling Ghost literally dances on his ceiling.
- Muppet Sports: Bagpipe Eating
- Anne sings "Everything Old Is New Again" while Muppets skate right by on skateboards.
- The filming of the "I Get Around" sequence was featured in the documentary Of Muppets and Men.
- While the Green Heap appears during the "Trudge, Trudge" number, the Purple Heap is used instead during the backstage scene referencing the act.
- At the end of Anne Murray's last number, Zoot is seen on stage presumably skateboarding. Then the shot cuts to a wide shot that includes the orchestra, but Zoot is abset from the pit, since he was just on stage. Then the orchestra is seen from a new angle looking out at the audience, Zoot is back in the orchestra pit for this shot.
- Kermit the Frog, Miss Piggy, Scooter, Fozzie Bear, Link Hogthrob, Dodo, The Newsman, Pigs, Beauregard, Statler and Waldorf, Geri and the Atrics Guitar Player, Green Heap, Silver Beak, Louis Kazagger, Angus MacGregor, Zoot, Janice, Floyd Pepper, Dr. Teeth, Milton Miller, Sheep, Duck, The Mexican Hat Dancers, Purple Heap
- Jim Henson as Kermit the Frog, Link Hogthrob, Silver Beak, the Newsman, Pig and Waldorf
- Frank Oz as Miss Piggy, Fozzie Bear, Green Heap and Purple Heap
- Jerry Nelson as Louis Kazagger, Dodo, Milton Miller, Pigs and Mexican Hat Dancer
- Richard Hunt as Scooter, Statler, Janice and Pigs
- Dave Goelz as Zoot, Beauregard, Angus McGregor and Gonzo
- Steve Whitmire as others
- Kathy Mullen as Atrics guitar player
- Louise Gold as others
|Previous episode:||Next episode:|
|Liza Minnelli||Jonathan Winters|