|The Muppet Show|
|Guest Starring||Dizzy Gillespie|
|Production Dates||Oct 29 - Nov 1, 1979|
Statler is sick (of the show), so Waldorf brings his wife, Astoria, to the show. Meanwhile, Inspector LaBrea of the County Environmental Department arrives backstage to monitor the noise level of the show. LaBrea tells Kermit that to keep the noise down, he has to cut the trumpets for the show. Kermit tries to keep LaBrea busy while Dizzy performs.
- A Fish Singer performs "Blue Fish Blues" with The Gills Brothers.
- Dizzy and The Electric Mayhem on "St. Louis Blues."
- Veterinarian's Hospital (Pig Patient): A pig patient declares his love for Nurse Piggy ("Last week you loved me four times"). Dr. Bob recommends brain surgery.
- UK Spot: "Do Wah Diddy Diddy" by Geri and the Atrics.
- Dizzy, Floyd and Zoot on "Little Bit of Dis."
- Floyd and Zoot constantly hang out on a bench, making musician jokes.
- After getting permission from Inspector LaBrea, the "Swinging Civil Servant", Dizzy and the Electric Mayhem perform "Swing Low Sweet Cadillac" (a variation of "Swing Low Sweet Chariot") at "The Casbah" for the closing number.
- After the credits, Waldorf and Astoria let loose with a loud,"BOO!", and set the monitor off. LaBrea enters their box and says,"That's it! The show is cancelled!", and the two rejoice.
- In Dizzy's first number, a bongo player performs with the Electric Mayhem. This character was never seen again after this number.
- Although Astoria looks like Statler, there is no indication in the episode that the two are related. The idea that Astoria is Statler's twin sister (and therefore Statler and Waldorf are brothers-in-law) has been cited in a number of places on the internet.  For more internet "urban myths", see the Rumors section.
- Kermit the Frog, Miss Piggy, Fozzie Bear, Scooter, Rowlf the Dog, Dr. Teeth, Floyd Pepper, Zoot, Janice, Animal, Statler and Waldorf, The Swedish Chef, Geri and the Atrics, The Announcer, Fish Singer, Mary Louise, Astoria, Inspector LaBrea, Pigs, Slim Wilson
- Jim Henson as Kermit the Frog, Waldorf, Rowlf, Dr. Teeth, the Swedish Chef, and Slim Wilson
- Frank Oz as Fozzie Bear, Animal, Miss Piggy, and Atrics piano player
- Jerry Nelson as Floyd Pepper, Geri, and the Announcer
- Richard Hunt as Scooter and Janice
- Dave Goelz as Inspector LaBrea, Zoot, and Atrics drummer
- Steve Whitmire as Atrics tuba player
- Louise Gold as Fish Singer, Atrics guitar player and Mary Louise
- Kathy Mullen as Atrics knitter
|Previous episode:||Next episode:|
|Phyllis George||Liza Minnelli|