|The Muppet Show|
|Guest Starring||Kenny Rogers|
|Production Dates||July 3-5, 1979|
|Home Video||Best of the Muppet Show|
Scooter's uncle sells the mineral rights for Kenny's dressing room to Arabs, who start drilling for oil. Meanwhile, Kermit falls in a trapeze number and hurts his flipper. Later, he's flung from a bed, pushed down the stairs, hit by a light fixture, and shot by a catapult into Statler and Waldorf's box.
- Miss Piggy sings "The Daring Young Man on the Flying Trapeze." Kermit is the trapeze artist. He falls off and injures himself after being pushed too hard by Beauregard.
- Fozzie asks if there is a doctor in the audience
- Zoot plays a few riffs onstage to keep the audience occupied. When Fozzie sends him off, he sends a few sax blats the bear's way.
- A wounded Kermit performs "Coconut" from his hospital bed, attended by The Witch Doctor and two nurses.
- Muppet News Flash: Hospital Beds Made From Pop-Up Toaster Parts and Light Fixtures
- Kermit gets sent backstage in a wheelchair, and ends up crashing down the stairs while trying to avoid Foo-Foo.
- Robin, acting as "heir apparent", introduces Kenny Rogers
- Kenny sings his classic "The Gambler" on a train accompanied by three realistic-looking old men muppets.
- UK Spot: "Knees Up Mother Brown" performed by Fozzie and others in a bar, while Fozzie's mother dances. Fozzie is very peturbed by the lyrics of the last chorus.
- Kenny and Scooter deal with the noisy Arab oil drillers in the dressing room.
- Veterinarian's Hospital (Kermit the Frog): Nurse Piggy overacts as the nurse whose lover has had a tragic accident.
- Gonzo's stunts: Gonzo tries to shoot himself from a catapult and sky-write the Hallelujah Chorus, but ends up sending Kermit and Piggy careening into Statler and Waldorf's box.
- In a moment of relative calm, Kenny & the Muppets sing "Love Lifted Me".
- Kermit the Frog, Miss Piggy, Fozzie Bear, Gonzo, Scooter, Beaker, Beauregard, Rowlf the Dog, Janice, Zoot, Robin the Frog, the Newsman, Statler and Waldorf, Doctor, Nurses, The Gambler, The Old Men, Foo-Foo, Arabs, Emily Bear, Whatnots
- Butch, Eric the Parrot, Sopwith the Camel, Quongo, Snakes, Crocodiles, Lou, Winny, Lew Zealand, Whaddayasay Bird, Ohreally Bird, Ohboy Bird, Geri and the Atrics Guitar Player
- Jim Henson as Kermit the Frog, Rowlf, the Newsman and Waldorf
- Frank Oz as Miss Piggy and Fozzie Bear
- Jerry Nelson as Robin the Frog, Doctor, the Gambler, Arab, Cowboy and the Announcer
- Richard Hunt as Scooter, Janice, Beaker, Arab and Statler
- Dave Goelz as Gonzo, Zoot and Beauregard
- Louise Gold as Nurse
- Kathy Mullen as Nurse
- Steve Whitmire as Foo-Foo
|Previous episode:||Next episode:|
|Beverly Sills||Lola Falana|