Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|The Muppet Show|
|Production||June 19-21, 1979|
|Premiere|| UK: December 21, 1979|
US: December 4, 1979
For guest star Arlo Guthrie, the stage is turned into a farmhouse. The Swedish Chef plans a home-cooked meal, but the turkey refuses to be skewered, the pig busts him in the face, and the "beef" stampedes over him. Eventually, the Chef unveils his dinner -- vitamin pills.
- Arlo and the Muppets sing "Grocery Blues"
- Muppet News Flash: Bumper Crop
- To prove that the farmyard is sophisticated, a herd of cows sings "Elegance".
- The Swedish Chef tries to roast a Turkey
- Arlo and Gonzo talk in the Guest Star's Dressing Room
- sketch: "At the Square Dance"
- UK Spot: Lubbock Lou and his Jughuggers sing "A Horse Named Bill"
- Arlo sings "Get Along Little Dogies" to the cows
- The Swedish Chef tries Piggy and Roast Beef
- Fozzie performs his rendition of "Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening" while Gonzo performs "Hernando's Hideaway" between stanzas. Finally, they compromise, and Fozzie sings the poem to Gonzo's tango tune.
- The Swedish Chef tries Veggie Stew
- Arlo and the Muppets sing "Sailing Down This Golden River"
- The storyline of the Swedish Chef trying to find something to cook for a big family dinner was also used in the 1987 special A Muppet Family Christmas. In that special, he ended up preparing shredded wheat and cranberry sauce.
- A short-lived backstage character appears in this episode for this time: Winny, a bird with an English accent, an assistant cook to the Swedish Chef.
- Kermit the Frog, The Swedish Chef, Fozzie Bear, Gonzo, Winny, Scooter, Granny, Babies, Gramps, Slim Wilson, Zeke, Bubba, Lubbock Lou, Shenandoah Muppets, Cows, Old Skyball Paint, Chickens, Whatnots, The Newsman, Statler and Waldorf, Annie Sue Pig, Turkey, Pig, The Singing Food, Miss Piggy
- Jim Henson as Kermit the Frog, the Swedish Chef, Zeke, the Newsman, Rowlf and Waldorf
- Frank Oz as Miss Piggy, Fozzie Bear and Baby
- Jerry Nelson as Gramps, Pig, Slim Wilson, Cowboy, Old Skyball Paint and Pig
- Richard Hunt as Winny, Scooter, Turkey, Bubba and Statler
- Dave Goelz as Gonzo
- Steve Whitmire as others
- Kathy Mullen as Granny
- Louise Gold as others
|Previous episode:||Next episode:|
|Dudley Moore||Beverly Sills|