Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|The Muppet Show|
|Production||May 15-17, 1979|
|Premiere|| UK: January 25, 1980|
US: January 31, 1980
As Miss Piggy prepares for her act, she leaves her dog Foo-Foo in the care of Floyd. Piggy tells Floyd he has to spoon-feed and floss the pampered Foo-Foo, so Floyd locks the dog in a drawer. Frantic, Piggy searches everywhere for Foo-Foo.
- Geri and the Atrics play "Hound Dog"
- Dyan sings "Civilization"
- Veterinarian's Hospital: Old Lady
- UK Spot: Rowlf sings "Man's Best Friend"
- The Swedish Chef: Hot Dogs
- Dyan sings "Big Spender" with dogs
|Cold Open: Scooter knocks on Cannon's dressing room door, but she says she doesn't have to worry about the curtain. A large stage curtain falls on her from above, and Scooter says, "Yes, you do!"|
|"The Muppet Show Theme": The live version of Foo-Foo walks down the stairs backstage and Beauregard asks, "Who let that dog loose in here?" Gonzo blows his trumpet and it rings like a phone.|
|Kermit is interupted by Foo-Foo when introducing the show; Piggy attempts to assuage the situation by getting Kermit to speak to Foo-Foo in baby talk. Geri and the Atrics perform "Hound Dog". Statler and Waldorf are impressed and note that they've been practising since 1908.|
|Piggy leaves Foo-Foo with Kermit backstage. Kermit passes the job on to Scooter, who passes to Fozzie, who passes to Gonzo, leaving Floyd the only one left to care for the dog.|
|Cannon sings "Civilization" in the jungle with Quongo and other jungle animals. As a jungle resident herself, she gains the attention of some pig explorers and penguin tourists. Statler thinks she's Moshe Dayan.|
|Kermit tries to get everyone in place for the "Doggy in the Window" number, but Gonzo says they have to cancel because Floyd can't perform as he's still taking care of Foo-Foo.|
|Piggy leaves instructions with Floyd for how to care for Foo-Foo in her dressing room. Once she leaves, Floyd picks the little dog up, shoves it in a drawer and says, "Breathe through the keyhole, turkey-dog!"|
|In Veterinarian's Hospital, a member of Geri and the Atrics is Dr. Bob's patient. She tells him that she's an octogenarian, which is neither a religion, nor a vegetarian who only eats octopuses.|
|In her dressing room, Kermit asks if everything is okay with the wig. Not any wig she might be wearing, but the one in the cage that belongs to Smiling Jim Sepulveda and His Tapdancing Toupées. Kermit explains that it eats table scraps, so Cannon breaks off a piece of the table and feeds it to him.|
|For the UK Spot, Rowlf sings "Man's Best Friend" with Afghan Hound, Rover Joe, Wolfhound, and Muppy. Rowlf sings while the others howl; all of them weep through the song.|
|The Swedish Chef prepares to make hot dogs in a large, boiling pot. Trying to interupt his act, Miss Piggy covertly asks if he's seen her dog. Chef says that he's got the dog in his pot, which prompts her to take a swing at him which is stopped by the pot lid. Chef immediately shows her the sausage that was boiling in the pot.|
|Back in her dressing room, Piggy is frantically searching for Foo-Foo. Attempting to calm her down, Dyan Cannon delivers a rousing speech while Piggy hums "There's No Business Like Show Business". Ready to go on with the show, Cannon reaches into the draw for a feather boa and winds up with Foo-Foo in her arms as well. Because they took so long getting ready, Kermit has cancelled their big number together.|
|Backstage, Animal gets excited over Dyan Cannon's drums while Floyd heads in to have a chat with Miss Piggy. By this time, she's figured out it was he who locked her dog in the drawer and karate chops him out of her room, downstairs into the backstage area.|
|In a pet shop filled with dogs, Cannon sings "Big Spender" while shopping for a new pet. She lays eyes on a Spaniel and immediately falls in love. She sings, "I'll taje you home with me. We'll live so happilly."|
|As Kermit closes out the show, Piggy expresses her relief to have found Foo-Foo. Janice, however, can't find Floyd; Piggy says he can "breathe through the keyhole." Cannon enters the stage with her new Spaniel while Kermit protests one more time that he's not Foo-Foo's da-da.|
- Kermit the Frog, Miss Piggy, Fozzie Bear, Gonzo, Beauregard, Scooter, Rowlf the Dog, Statler and Waldorf, Floyd Pepper, Foo-Foo, Janice, Animal, The Swedish Chef, Geri and the Atrics, Rover Joe, The Announcer
- Butch, Quongo, Crocodiles, Snake, Lizard, Righton Bird, Whaddayasay Bird, Ohboy Bird, Eric the Parrot, Pigs, Penguins, Walrus, Kangaroo, Afghan Hound, Baskerville the Hound, Muppy
- Jim Henson as Kermit the Frog, Rowlf, Waldorf and the Swedish Chef
- Frank Oz as Miss Piggy, Fozzie Bear, Animal, Geri and the Atrics piano player and Wolfhound
- Jerry Nelson as Floyd Pepper, Geri, Brown Dog and the Announcer
- Richard Hunt as Scooter, Statler and Janice
- Dave Goelz as Gonzo, Beauregard, and Geri and the Atrics drummer
- Steve Whitmire as Foo Foo and Geri and the Atrics tuba player
- Louise Gold as Geri and the Atrics guitar player
- Kathy Mullen as Geri and the Atrics knitter
|Previous episode:||Next episode:|
|Shields & Yarnell||Victor Borge|