|The Muppet Show|
|Guest Starring||Shields & Yarnell|
|Production Dates||May 8-11, 1979|
Inspired by mimes Shields and Yarnell, Fozzie Bear works on a mime act, including "Bear walking against the wind". Kermit suggests that Fozzie find a more original act, so Fozzie tries out "Bear feeding spaghetti to an elephant" and "Bear going to a drive-in movie with a porcupine".
- Green birds sing "Take a Chance on Me" while bouncing on telephone pole wires.
- Shields and Yarnell do one of their trademark pieces, as the robot couple the Clinkers, eating breakfast.
- UK Spot: A Gorilla on a building sings "It's Lonely at the Top"
- Shields, Yarnell, and Beauregard do a "Wild West" sketch
- The Snerfs dance to "Little Brown Jug"
- Fozzie Bear performs a monologue.
- Shields, Yarnell, and the Muppets perform "Make 'Em Laugh."
- Hilda makes a rare post-Season 1 appearance in the background, during the "Make 'Em Laugh" number. Also appearing in the number are Leo and Fred Lizard.
- Jim Henson as Kermit the Frog and Waldorf
- Frank Oz as Fozzie Bear
- Dave Goelz as Gonzo and Beauregard
- Richard Hunt as Scooter and Statler
- Jerry Nelson as Floyd Pepper and Quongo
- Louise Gold as Bird
- Kathy Mullen as others
- Steve Whitmire as Leo
|Previous episode:||Next episode:|
|Crystal Gayle||Dyan Cannon|