Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|The Muppet Show|
|Guest||Shields & Yarnell|
|Production||May 8-11, 1979|
|Premiere|| UK: November 23, 1979|
US: October 4, 1979
Mimes Shields and Yarnell interest or puzzle the Muppets team. Scooter is frightened, because he thinks the two guest stars are robots. Gonzo asks them advice to improve his acts; when they answer miming a stylish pianist, the whatever, enthusiastic but misunderstanding as usual, announces his new act: the Great Gonzo massing a snake.
Inspired by Shields and Yarnell, Fozzie Bear works on a mime act, including "Bear walking against the wind". Kermit suggests that Fozzie find a more original act, so Fozzie tries out "Bear feeding spaghetti to an elephant" and "Bear going to a drive-in movie with a porcupine".
- Green birds sing "Take a Chance on Me" while bouncing on telephone pole wires.
- Shields and Yarnell do one of their trademark pieces, as the robot couple the Clinkers, eating breakfast.
- UK Spot: A Gorilla on a building sings "It's Lonely at the Top".
- Shields, Yarnell, and Beauregard do a "Wild West" sketch.
- The Snerfs dance to "Little Brown Jug".
- Fozzie Bear performs a monologue.
- Shields, Yarnell, and the Muppets perform "Make 'Em Laugh."
- Hilda makes a rare post-Season 1 appearance in the background, during the "Make 'Em Laugh" number. Also appearing in the number are Leo and Fred Lizard.
- Jim Henson as Kermit the Frog and Waldorf
- Frank Oz as Fozzie Bear
- Dave Goelz as Gonzo and Beauregard
- Richard Hunt as Scooter and Statler
- Jerry Nelson as Floyd Pepper and Quongo
- Louise Gold as Bird
- Kathy Mullen as others
- Steve Whitmire as Leo
|Previous episode:||Next episode:|
|Crystal Gayle||Dyan Cannon|