|Plot||National Bird Day|
|Air date||March 6, 2002|
|Season||Season 33 (2002)|
Big Bird is really excited about National Bird Day. He explains to Gordon that it is celebrated by people saying "Happy Bird Day!" and birds gather to sing and dance and have a parade together. But Big Bird doesn't see any birds on the street. Big Bird teaches Gordon the National Bird Day song. Big Bird is discouraged at the lack of birds, and someone hears his cry for help ... it's Super Grover! Yay! Big Bird suggest that Super Grover pretend to be a bird so they can dance the National Bird Dance together. A dancing cow joins them. Big Bird then runs into Snuffy and whines about how he can't have a Bird Parade all by himself. Snuffy gathers a bunch of kids and they all pretend to be birds for the purposes of parading. Big Bird is still a bit dismayed, so Snuffy suggests trying bird calls to summon the birds. Suddenly the street fills with penguins and chickens and other birds, all of whom inform him that National Bird Day is not that day, but the next. However, they agree to start the festivities early with Big Bird.
- Big Bird is practicing bird calls for National Bird Day, then plays a pretending guessing game with Luis and some kids.
- Béla Fleck performs a concerto for banjo and two chickens. (EKA: Episode 3842)
- The Number of the Day: 13 dancing vegetables show up after it's revealed that thirteen is the number of the day. (First: Episode 3986)
- A mouse riding an armadillo sings a song about 13, his lucky number. (EKA: Episode 2849)
- Ernie sings "Imagine That", a song about imagining things that he'd like to be. First, he imagines that he's a knight in shining armor who battles a dragon. Then he imagines being a sailor crossing the sea. Finally, he decides that he's happy being himself. (EKA: Episode 2142)
- The Letter of the Day: Since P begins the word "Prairie", Prairie Dawn does not want Cookie Monster to eat the letter of the day, so she puts a blindfold on him. She should have plugged his nose, too, since he still finds it.
- Spanish Word of the Day: Rosita shows the viewer what agua means. (First: Episode 3984)
- Elmo's World: Birds (First: Episode 3945)
|Previous episode:||Next episode:|
|Episode 4002||Episode 4004|