|Plot||Telly pretends to be the Masked Tuba Player.|
|Air date||January 19, 2001|
|Season||Season 32 (2001)|
Telly is the Masked Tuba Player, who travels around Sesame Street and helps people with his tuba. Telly provides musical accompaniment to Big Bird as he presents the letter of the day, helps Elmo count to ten by playing ten notes, and helps Rosita explain fast and slow. Telly frets that there doesn't seem to be a way to help Oscar, who tells him to get lost. Gabi suggests that Telly play a tune to cheer himself up. His happy songs irritate Oscar -- but Oscar likes being irritated, so Telly has helped him after all.
- Linda performs a duet with percussionist Evelyn Glennie. Before Glennie begins, she instructs Linda to join the performance when she's signaled. Linda shows enthusiasm for her participation, but by the end of the piece she has nearly fallen asleep. Glennie alerts her with a tap of the shoulder and Linda closes with one strike of a cymbal. When Linda receives the most praise from the audience, including flowers from a little girl, Glennie leaves the stage in a huff.
- Ernie's Show and Tell: Nicholas shows off his glockenspiel to Ernie.
- Melissa Etheridge sings "Like the Way U Does" (First: Episode 3529)
- Song: "It's the Shpritzer Honker Splasher Sprinkler Tweeter Squirt," the wettest musical instrument. (EKA: Episode 3408)
- Cartoon: A boy needs a letter U to complete the word UP. (EKA: Episode 0869)
- Film: Ernie sings "Rubber Duckie" over footage of children bathing. (First: Episode 3811)
- Elmo's World: Hands (First: Episode 3925)
|Previous episode:||Next episode:|
|Episode 3929||Episode 3931|