|Plot||Telly and the Mysterious X|
|Air date||January 20, 1999|
|Season||Season 30 (1998-1999)|
|Syndication||123 Sesame Street, PBS Sprout|
Telly Monster keeps seeing a letter X with weird-looking eyes appear and then disappear, but nobody believes Telly when he tells them about the strange-looking X. Eventually, the others see the X, which turns out to just be a normal X wearing strange sunglasses.
- Mysterious Theater: The Circle Search
(EKA: Episode 2874)
- Circles of all kinds are displayed as funky rap music plays.
(EKA: Episode 3126)
- The Street story spoofs The X-Files. The xylophone music that accompanies Telly's X sightings is a musical reference to the X-Files theme.
- Telly makes an X from a pile of mashed potatoes in a nod to Close Encounters of the Third Kind.
- During the last sighting, the X makes an in-joke using the Sesame Street theme song: when asked why it wears sunglasses, the letter mentions the bright light on the Street and sings the first few bars of the theme.
|Previous episode:||Next episode:|
|Episode 3832||Episode 3834|