|Plot||Telly and the Mysterious X|
|Air date||January 20, 1999|
|Season||Season 30 (1998-1999)|
|Syndication||123 Sesame Street, PBS Sprout|
Telly Monster keeps seeing a letter X with weird-looking eyes appear and then disappear, but nobody believes Telly when he tells them about the strange-looking X. Eventually, the others see the X, which turns out to just be a normal X wearing strange sunglasses.
- Cartoon: Suzie Kabloozie sings about the things she can imagine herself doing "In My Head." (EKA: Episode 3691)
- Film: "Danger Song"
- Cartoon: Campers don't want to play ring toss with Zork, until their counselor reminds them not to be judgmental. (EKA: Episode 3033)
- Cartoon: Number Guy: "How Many Elephants Can You Fit in a Room?" The answer is 4. (EKA: Episode 3606)
- Ernie's Show and Tell: Ernie visits his friend Zachary, who plays the trumpet. He explains how practicing is important to play an instrument well. (First: Episode 3804)
- Animation: Colored tools build a house out of colored rectangles, squares and triangles. (EKA: Episode 3410)
- The Street story spoofs The X-Files. The xylophone music that accompanies Telly's X sightings is a musical reference to the X-Files theme.
- Telly makes an X from a pile of mashed potatoes in a nod to Close Encounters of the Third Kind.
- During the last sighting, the X makes an in-joke using the Sesame Street theme song: when asked why it wears sunglasses, the letter mentions the bright light on the Street and sings the first few bars of the theme.
|Previous episode:||Next episode:|
|Episode 3832||Episode 3834|