|Plot||The adults are too busy to tell Elmo a story|
|Air date||January 1, 1999 (New Year's Day)|
|Season||Season 30 (1998-1999)|
|Syndication||123 Sesame Street, PBS Sprout|
Elmo wants to hear a story, but all of the adults are too busy to spend time with him. Bob is teaching clarinet lessons, Alan is swamped with lunch orders, and Maria has too many toasters to repair. Maria encourages Elmo to make up his own story, so he imagines that he's the Royal Elmo, who's never too busy to help his friends on Sesame Street. But as the story continues, the Royal Elmo gets tired of all the requests, and he's too busy to play.
- Film: A class makes up a story about a fish named Billy, which is told through animation based on the kids' drawings. (EKA: Episode 3765)
- Cartoon: An alien spins around Saturn's rings 18 times.
- Cartoon: A spoof of Alice Cooper's "Eighteen" - the number of sandwiches the singer has to choose from. (EKA: Episode 2859)
- Ben Stiller sings " The People in Your Neighborhood" with Telly, and decides that he'd like to be a person in the neighborhood. But does a cheese count as a person? (EKA: Episode 3812)
- Prairie Dawn gives Grover 15 seconds to say an "S" word, but Grover has trouble concentrating due to the ticking of the clock. (EKA: Episode 3723)
- Cartoon: A boy imagines his room turning into a jungle.
- Ernie can't sleep, because he's afraid of dark shadows and spooky things. Bert comforts him, and the two sing "Imagination" before falling asleep.
- Cartoon: Three balloons take away two leaves one, and a ringing in the ears.
- Film: A visual representation of the nursery rhyme "To Market" with Wegman's dogs. (EKA: Episode 3684)
- One of the customers at the Fix-It Shop in this episode is Guy Smiley, making one of his first new appearances since Jim Henson's death.
|Previous episode:||Next episode:|
|Episode 3819||Episode 3821|