|The Muppet Show|
|Guest Starring|| Roy Rogers|
|Production Dates||January 23-25, 1979|
|Home Video|| Season 3|
Best of the Muppet Show
In honor of Roy and Dale, the theme of the show is cowboys, and Roy's cows mill around backstage. They're crazy for Fozzie's cow jokes: "You cows are an udder delight! You don't know the hoof of it!" But just as he's getting rolling, they're herded onstage, Kermit says that's one thing you had to worry about in the Old West: "Audience rustlers."
- A crowd of Prairie Dogs harmonize on "Blue Skies."
- Roy sings "Skyball Paint."
- Muppet Sports: Horseshoe Pitching
- Dale and the babies sing "Deep in the Heart of Texas."
- UK Spot: Two cowboys sing "A Four-Legged Friend."
- Bear on Patrol: Bullets Barker - Sheriff Link hides from Bullets Barker. Officer Bear tricks Barker into a jail cell.
- Guest Star's Dressing Room Roy & Kermit
- Sketch: Slim Wilson (Cowboy) fails to ride Old Skyball Paint
- Medley: "Hazy Mountains" / "Tumbling Tumbleweeds" / "Happy Trails," Roy & Dale
|The Muppets put a target in the Guest Star's Dressing Room to help Roy Rogers and Dale Evans feel more "at home on the range."|
| ||"The Muppet Show Theme": A Whatnot offers to take Statler and Waldorf's seats.|
Gonzo's trumpet sounds like a horse's whinny.
| ||Kermit introduces the show as "The Muppet Cowboy Show," making a few western jokes which a cowboy protests to.|
|The Prairie Dogs sing "Blue Skies."|
| ||When Kermit complains about the cows backstage, he is informed by another cowboy that "some fella by the name of Rogers ordered them." Scooter tells Kermit that they're for the closing number. Fozzie then shares a few bad cow jokes... which the cows love.|
|Roy sings "Skyball Paint."|
|Backstage, Link tells Floyd about the cowboys who have kicked him out of his dressing room. When Floyd tells Link to get tough with them, we discover he's already tried, and was branded for his efforts.|
|Muppet Sports: Louis Kazagger reports on "Horseshoe pitching." Unfortunately, the pitcher forgot to take the horseshoes off the horse first.|
|Dale Evans and the babies sing "Deep in the Heart of Texas."|
|In the UK Spot, Jim and Jerry sing "A Four-Legged Friend" atop their faithful steeds.|
| ||Bear on Patrol: Bullets Barker comes for Sheriff Link, who hides from the outlaw. Patrolman Bear tricks Barker into a jail cell.|
|Roy and Kermit sing part of "Froggy Went A Courtin'." Roy then tries to teach Kermit how to yodel.|
|Slim Wilson tries to ride Old Skyball Paint.|
|Fozzie tells the cows a few more jokes, but they are taken away by "audience rustlers." (Fozzie told similar jokes in Jim Frawley's Camera Tests for The Muppet Movie.)|
| ||Roy and Dale sing a medley of songs, including "Hazy Mountains," "Tumbling Tumbleweeds," and "Happy Trails."|
| ||Kermit asks Roy to say goodnight his way: "Until we meet again on screen or in person, good night, good luck, and may the good Lord take a likin' to you."|
In the balcony after the credits, a cow moos, but Statler corrects him: "That's 'boo!’"
- Kermit makes a reference to The Muppet Movie in this episode:
- Kermit: "I know you've made a lot of films..."
- Roy: "A hundred and eighty-nine."
- Kermit: "Wow... You know, I've only made one. 188 to go."
- Unusual for a third season episode, Miss Piggy doesn't make an appearance.
- The closing theme begins later, starting with Floyd Pepper's shot.
- Kermit the Frog, Fozzie Bear, Scooter, Beauregard, Statler and Waldorf, Link Hogthrob, Bullets Barker, Louis Kazagger, Slim Wilson, Old Skyball Paint, Prairie Dogs, Cows, Babies, Whatnots, Jim Henson Muppet, Jerry Nelson Muppet, Floyd Pepper, Whatnots
- Jim Henson as Kermit the Frog, Waldorf, Link Hogthrob, Jim Henson Muppet and Prairie Dog
- Frank Oz as Fozzie Bear and Slim Wilson
- Jerry Nelson as Floyd Pepper, Louis Kazagger, Jerry Nelson Muppet, Old Skyball Paint, Cowboy, Prairie Dog, Whatnot, Cow and the Announcer
- Richard Hunt as Scooter, Statler, Prairie Dog and Cowboy
- Dave Goelz as Bullets Barker and Prairie Dog
- Steve Whitmire as Prairie Dog
- Louise Gold as Prairie Dog
- Kathryn Mullen as Prairie Dog
|Previous episode:||Next episode:|
|Roger Miller||Lynn Redgrave|