|Air Date||May 20, 1985|
|Written by||Sugith Varughese|
Ma and Pa Gorg leave Junior alone in the castle overnight for the first time; he has to protect the crown jewel. Gobo thinks that all the Gorgs have left, so he plans to map the castle, with a frightened Wembley tagging along. The other Fraggles pull a prank to scare Gobo and Wembley by making ghostly sounds, after which they too enter the castle. After a series of incidents in which the Fraggles and Junior unwittingly scare each other, they all become aware of each other's presence in the castle. However, Gobo soon spots a mysterious moving shadow outside, and the frightened characters set a trap. They end up catching Pa Gorg, who has returned in the night to help Junior fulfill the Gorgish rites of passage.
- This episode refers to events that occurred in the second season episode "Sir Hubris and the Gorgs." In that episode, Gobo discovered a new passage into the Gorg's castle.
- In this episode, Doc builds a fake ghost detector just to make Sprocket feel safe. However, due to a short circuit the contraption's alarm is activated, scaring Sprocket even more. (It is unknown why Doc made the phony detector in such a way that it really could go off.)
- The Haunting of Castle Gorg! (Jim Henson Video, 1993) -- closing credits cut
- Fraggle Rock: Complete Third Season (HIT!, 2007)
- Fraggle Rock: Complete Series Collection (HIT!, 2008)
- Scared Silly (Lionsgate, 2010)
|Previous episode:||Next episode:|
|The Incredible Shrinking Mokey||Gunge the Great and Glorious|