|The Muppet Show|
|Premiere|| UK: February 2, 1979|
US: January 25, 1979
After a chance meeting with Beaker (who had been hiding from Bunsen's latest harebrained invention), Beauregard lets him help build a set for the ancient-Egypt closing number. But the two end up causing chaos culminating in Beaker running amuck with power tools, Bo continuing on the set during the closing number, and Kermit realizing the idiocy of both.
- Bobby Benson's Baby Band plays "Pennsylvania 6-5000."
- Elke sings "Animal Crackers in My Soup."
- Pigs in Space (First Pigs on Koozebane): The Swinetrek lands on the planet Koozebane, and Piggy and Link fight to be the first pig to set foot on the planet. In their search for alien life, they completely overlook rock creatures George and Martha.
- UK Spot: The Baby Band plays "Tuxedo Junction."
- Guest Star's Dressing Room: Gonzo tells the multi-lingual Elke that the only French Miss Piggy knows is off a perfume label, so Elke speaks to Piggy in her native tongue, Swinese.
- Muppet Sports (Goldfish Shooting): Contender 980116 tries to shoot a goldfish in its bowl.
- Elke, as Cleopatra, sings "Row, Row, Row" (as Beauregard continues adjusting the set)
|Cold Open: Scooter stops by the Dressing Room to call for Elke Sommer. She tells Scooter that there is a man eating her make-up table. He scolds the man and tells him he was supposed to eat the wardrobe.|
|"The Muppet Show Theme": A plane flies out of Gonzo's Horn as Gonzo yells to the plane "Watch out for the Balcony"|
|Bobby Benson's Baby Band performs "Pennsylvania 6-5000"|
|Dr. Bunsen Honeydew informs Kermit that they have to cancel Muppet Labs because he can't find Beaker though Beaker is behind them hiding under a lamp shade. Bunsen is disappointed he won't be able to test his "Diesel Shaver" on anyone. Beaker breathes a sigh of relief. Beauregard then tries to plug in Beaker as the lamp and Beaker gets electrocuted.|
|Elke Sommer sings "Animal Crackers in My Soup" She is interrupted by Kermit who tells her the "little girl" look is not right for the show. She then does a slower more sophisticated version of the song. He tells her it is still not right for the show. They then do a version with two Bossmen.|
|Kermit informs Beauregard and Beaker that they need to build a set for Elke's closing number. He tells them it needs to be Egypt themed.|
|Pigs in Space|
|UK Spot : Bobby Benson's Baby Band performs "Tuxedo Junction"|
|Pigs in Space, Pt. 2: The pigs walk onto the planet Koozebane. They search for alien life but completely overlook rock creatures George and Martha.|
|Elke talks to Gonzo about the different languages she speaks. She mentions how Miss Piggy also speaks French. Gonzo tells her that she only knows how to read perfume bottles. Piggy walks in and Elke starts speaking French to her. She pretends to understand her.|
|Beaker and Beauregard struggle to hammer a nail for the set.|
|Muppet Sports : Goldfish Shooting|
|As Beauregard finishes the set, he sends Beaker to get a powersaw. Beaker eventually gets the saw which goes out of control.|
|Elke, as Cleopatra, sings "Row, Row, Row." Beauregard continues building the set.|
|At the closing Beaker is still with the powersaw and chases Elke and Kermit off the stage.|
- Elke Sommer dubbed her own voice on Die Muppet Show, the German version of The Muppet Show.
- This is the first episode since episodes 101 and 102 to have a pan-out opening shot during the closing credits.
- Kermit the Frog, Miss Piggy, Fozzie Bear, Animal, Scooter, Beauregard, Link Hogthrob, Dr. Julius Strangepork, Louis Kazagger, Bobby Benson, Dr. Bunsen Honeydew, Beaker, Statler and Waldorf, Statler's Grandson, George, Martha, the Sphinx, Whatnots, Contender 980116, Babies, Goldfish, Egyptians
- Jim Henson as Kermit the Frog, Link Hogthrob, Waldorf and Baby
- Frank Oz as Miss Piggy, Fozzie Bear, Animal and Baby
- Jerry Nelson as Dr. Julius Strangepork, Louis Kazagger, Sphinx, Statler's Grandson and the Announcer
- Richard Hunt as Scooter, Beaker, Bobby Benson, Statler and Contender 980116
- Dave Goelz as Beauregard, Gonzo, Dr. Bunsen Honeydew and George
- Louise Gold as Egyptians
- Steve Whitmire
- Kathryn Mullen as Martha
|Previous episode:||Next episode:|
|Leslie Uggams||Sylvester Stallone|