|The Muppet Show|
|Guest Starring|| Leslie Uggams|
|Production Dates||December 5-7, 1978|
|Home Video||Season 3|
Leslie co-stars with Big Bird of Sesame Street. Gonzo has a first date with Camilla the Chicken, but she has hay fever, and the flowers Gonzo brings make her sneeze so hard that she's propelled around the room. Later, Gonzo serenades her with a song he wrote for her -- "Camilla... you're prettier by far than Godzilla..." In the middle of the song, Big Bird wanders by, and Gonzo instantly falls in love with the huge bird. Gonzo flirts with Big Bird until Camilla drops a flowerpot on Gonzo's head.
- "Hey There, Good Times"
- Muppet Labs: Fireproof Paper
- "Here You Come Again"
- UK Spot: "Mad About the Frog"
- Bear on Patrol: Impersonating an Officer
- "Gonzo's Song"
- "Love Will Keep Us Together"
|Cold Open: Leslie Uggams asks Scooter about Big Bird appearing with her on the show. She reveals a large yellow egg, stating that his younger brother has arrived. The chickens go nuts over the size of the egg.|
|"The Muppet Show Theme": A group of chickens sing a line of the theme from Statler and Waldorf's box.|
Gonzo's trumpet quacks, and two ducks respond to the call.
|Big Bird peeks through the curtain during Kermit's introduction to see if he's on yet. Kermit informs him that he comes on later in the show.|
|Leslie and the Muppet Monsters (consisting of Sweetums, Doglion, Mean Mama, Gorgon Heap, and The Mutations) perform "Hey There, Good Times."|
|Backstage, Gonzo is on his way up to Camilla's dressing room for their first formal date. He expresses his concern to Kermit that he'll become so excited that he'll faint. Kermit says that if that happens, Camilla will have to give him mouth-to-beak resuscitation. At the thought of this, Gonzo faints... or rather, he practices fainting.|
|In her dressing room, Gonzo presents Camilla with flowers. Of course, she is allergic to them. Despite this, Gonzo continues with his fainting scheme, but it does not prompt her to "kiss" him. Instead, her hay fever gets the best of her.|
|Muppet Labs: Dr. Bunsen Honeydew has Beaker demonstrate how impossible it is to set his latest invention, Fireproof Paper, on fire. It doesn't work, and Beaker tries to put the fire out with one of Dr. Honeydew's other inventions: Flammable Water.|
|Big Bird meets Miss Piggy for the first time, telling her that he and Kermit come from the same neighborhood, Sesame Street. He has no idea who Miss Piggy is, though, which she finds rather insulting, but she is even more insulted when he finds the thought of a singing pig "very funny." But before she can karate chop his feathers off, Big Bird bends down, causing Piggy to fall off the balcony. Says Big Bird, "Oh! You do acrobatics too. She's very versatile!"|
|Leslie talks with Lew Zealand a bit about his act. He tells her that to be a boomerang fish thrower, you have to have "sole. And if you can't get sole, use halibut." They share a few more of these terrible fish puns before Leslie sings "Here You Come Again" with Lew accompanying on fish.|
|UK Spot: Miss Piggy sings "Mad About the Frog" with Rowlf backing her up on piano.|
|Bear on Patrol: Patrol Bear has arrested a pig who does impressions of police officers. The Chief, too busy typing a report, fails to see that Patrol Bear accidentally locked himself in the cell instead of the criminal. And when Patrol Bear says that he's locked in, the Chief thinks that the criminal is just doing an impression of Patrol Bear.|
|Leslie asks Gonzo what he sees in Camilla. He tells her that she is beautiful, witty, charming, and very talented. Camilla arrives to show her dancing talent.|
|Vendawish grants a man's wish to be taller.|
|Gonzo serenades Camilla with "Gonzo's Song." His song is interrupted by Big Bird's arrival, whom Gonzo claims to have the one thing lacking in chickens: bulk. The jealous Camilla hits Gonzo over the head with a flower pot.|
|The man whom Vendawish has deformed requests Bunsen Honeydew's assistance in shortening his neck. Bunsen presents him with their latest therapy technique in shortening necks: a baseball bat. He swings it around, and the man ducks to avoid being hit, thus shortening his neck.|
|Leslie and Big Bird sing "Love Will Keep Us Together."|
|At the closing, Gonzo tries to tell Camilla that he'll never look at another bird again. He then realizes that he's not actually speaking to Camilla, but a different chicken. He then confides in Leslie, "Chickens all look the same to me." Leslie then thanks Big Bird before the closing credits.|
- This is the first episode to feature the "Bear on Patrol" sketch.
- Miss Piggy jokingly refers to Sesame Street as a "Cute little children's show with puppets".
- Big Bird is the only main Sesame Street character to appear on the Muppet Show whose performer (Caroll Spinney) was not a regular. The other main Sesame Street characters had performers who were already part of the Muppet Show cast.
- Nickelodeon: Muppet Labs was cut.
Guest appearance by:
- Kermit the Frog, Gonzo, Camilla, Miss Piggy, Statler and Waldorf, Dr. Bunsen Honeydew, Beaker, Lew Zealand, Scooter, Fozzie Bear, Link Hogthrob, Vendawish, The Mutations, Sweetums, Mean Mama, Timmy Monster, Chickens, Pig, Whatnots
- Jim Henson as Kermit the Frog, Rowlf, Waldorf, Link Hogthrob
- Frank Oz as Miss Piggy and Fozzie Bear
- Jerry Nelson as Camilla, Lew Zealand, Vendawish, the Announcer
- Richard Hunt as Scooter, Statler, Beaker, Sweetums
- Dave Goelz as Gonzo, Dr. Bunsen Honeydew
- Steve Whitmire as Pig, Short Man
- Kathryn Mullen as Chicken
- Louise Gold as Mean Mama
- Caroll Spinney as Big Bird
- Graham Fletcher, dancer (courtesy of the Royal Opera House, Covent Garden)
- Michael Coleman, dancer (courtesy of the Royal Opera House, Covent Garden)
- Julian Hosking, dancer (courtesy of the Royal Opera House, Covent Garden)
- Jess Whitfield, dancer
|Previous episode:||Next episode:|
|Spike Milligan||Elke Sommer|