|The Muppet Show|
|Guest Starring||Lesley Ann Warren|
|Production Dates||November 14-16, 1978|
|Home Video||Season 3|
Gonzo unveils his new act: riding his motorcycle up a ramp and into Statler and Waldorf's theater box, having first taken the safety precaution of chaining them to their chairs while they were dozing. Of course, the bike doesn't even get off the ramp... the first time.
Meanwhile, Kermit doesn't realize that he's booked Lesley Ann Warren; he thought he was getting "Leslie and Warren, the knife throwing act". He's thrilled to learn that his guest star is the multi-talented Ms. Warren, but over the course of the episode, other ersatz guest stars approach, including Lesley and Warren, the Dancing Cucumbers, and a trio named Les, Lee and Warren.
- Cold Open : Lesley is pestered by the Luncheon Counter Monster.
- Gonzo's Motorcycle Act: Attempt 1
- Lesley performs a ballet, "Beasty and the Beaut", with Doglion. Both tender and parodical number.
- Pigs in Space (Dummo Rays): The Swinetrek passes through Dummo Rays, which only affect people of extremely low intelligence. Link is immobilized, and "Captain Piggy" takes over.
- UK Spot: Dr. Teeth reinterprets "Mack the Knife" for Sam the Eagle
- Lesley is shocked when she discovers her accompanist is Marvin Suggs and his Muppaphone to "The Blue Danube". She accuses him of being cruel because he makes music by hitting live creatures. "Of course they're alive!" he cries. "You can't make music by hitting dead creatures!" Eventually, Rowlf emerges and reveals that he'd been locked in his dressing room by someone anonymous. Actually, the Muppaphones try to reveal that it was Marvin, but the latter tells them to shut up and threatens to rename them the "Finkaphones". Rowlf dismisses that and tells Marvin to strike up the Muppaphones, much to the rapture (pleasure) of Marvin and the shock of Lesley.
- "Just the Way You Are": Lesley and Rowlf the Dog
- Gonzo's Motorcycle Act: Attempt 2
- "Last Dance": Lesley and Link in a night club. Lesley is a combative dancer.
- Kermit the Frog, Miss Piggy, Fozzie Bear, Gonzo, Scooter, Rowlf the Dog, Statler and Waldorf, Link Hogthrob, Dr. Julius Strangepork, Dr. Teeth, Sam the Eagle, Luncheon Counter Monster, Doglion, Marvin Suggs, The Muppaphone, Lesley and Warren the Dancing Cucumbers, Les, Lee and Warren
- Male Koozebanian Creature, Female Koozebanian Creature, Annie Sue Pig, Janice, Whatnots, Beauregard, Pigs
- Jim Henson as Kermit the Frog, Rowlf the Dog, Waldorf, Link Hogthrob and Dr. Teeth
- Frank Oz as Fozzie Bear, Miss Piggy, Marvin Suggs and Sam the Eagle
- Jerry Nelson as Dr. Strangepork, Luncheon Counter Monster, Warren the dancing cucumber and Lee
- Richard Hunt as Scooter, Statler and Les
- Dave Goelz as Gonzo, Beauregard, Leslie the dancing cucumber and Warren
- Louise Gold as others
- Steve Whitmire as others
- Kathryn Mullen as others
|Previous episode:||Next episode:|
|Harry Belafonte||Danny Kaye|