|The Muppet Show|
|Guest Starring||Helen Reddy|
|Production Dates||May 1978|
|Home Video||Season 3|
Kermit tells his new janitor, Beauregard, to clean up the theater and use some elbow grease. Unfortunately, the utterly incompetent Beauregard, after not finding any elbow grease, uses axle grease, which causes everyone to slip around. "Beauregard, what kind of an idiot are you?" Kermit exclaims. "Oh, I didn't know there was a choice!" Beauregard answers.
Later, Beau greases up a spot on the stage, which ruins Fozzie's dance number. Kermit tells Beau to spread a little sand around the greasy areas, and Beau covers the backstage in huge sand dunes. Then he sweeps the sand onto the stage -- so at the last minute, Kermit changes the closing number to an Arab desert number, in which Helen dances with Sopwith the Camel.
- Miss Piggy, dressed as Marie Antoinette, sings "Stayin' Alive" with a group of French Revolution-era pigs as the opening number
- Helen sings "Blue" with The Electric Mayhem in The Recording Studio
- Animal and the Swedish Chef sing a raucous "Happy Birthday to You" in Helen's dressing room; when she says it's not her birthday, they switch to "Jingle Bells".
- Fozzie does a dance number, but the axle grease spot on the stage causes all the players to slip and fall.
- Muppet News Flash: Over-hand Refrigerator Throwing
- UK Spot: Rowlf plays Beethoven's "Pathétique"
- Helen and Kermit sing "You and Me Against the World"
- Veterinarian's Hospital: Recording Room Sound Guy
- "Tie Me Kangaroo Down, Sport"
- Helen and Sopwith the Camel sing "We'll Sing in the Sunshine"
- This show introduces a new character, Beauregard the janitor. However, the publicity for the episode focused on Sopwith the Camel, who was used sparingly after this episode.
- Soundman "Roger" was named after Muppet Show sound man Roger Knight. The Wayne puppet was redressed, presumably to resemble Knight, and Knight's voice was looped in for the character's single line of dialogue.
- Scenes originally scripted to appear in the episode include Fozzie preparing a band to perform for Helen (mistaking her Australian roots for Austrian) and an At the Dance segment featuring a conga line.
- Kermit the Frog, Beauregard, Miss Piggy, The Pigs, Sopwith the Camel, Statler and Waldorf, Fozzie Bear, Scooter, Animal, The Swedish Chef, Rowlf, Janice, Floyd Pepper, Whatnots, Roger, The Arab, Kangaroo, The Newsman, Gladys, Bust of Beethoven
- Jim Henson as Kermit the Frog, Rowlf, Waldorf, the Newsman, one of the Australians and the Swedish Chef
- Frank Oz as Miss Piggy, Fozzie Bear and Animal
- Dave Goelz as Beauregard
- Jerry Nelson as Floyd Pepper, a Pig, the Bust of Beethoven, Sopwith the Camel and the Announcer
- Richard Hunt as Scooter, Janice, Statler, Gladys, a Pig, The Arab and Roger
- Steve Whitmire as the Soundman
- Louise Gold as Pigs and one of the Australians
- Roger Knight as Roger
|Previous episode:||Next episode:|
|James Coco||Harry Belafonte|