|The Muppet Show|
|Guest Starring||Marisa Berenson|
|Production Dates||April 18-20, 1978|
|Home Video||Season 3|
Kermit is pestered by Lew Zealand, who wants to audition his boomerang fish act: "I throw the fish in the air... they sail away... and then they come back to me!" Meanwhile, Miss Piggy plans the closing comedy sketch -- a wedding "sketch" starring her as the bride and Kermit as the groom. Secretly, she books a real minister, and Scooter fools Kermit into signing the marriage license.
Kermit is roped into going to the altar, but when the minister asks him if he'll take Piggy as his wife, he says, "I... I... I want to introduce to you the amazing Lew Zealand and his boomerang fish!" Lew starts throwing his boomerang fish as Piggy karate-chops the still-single Kermit.
- "Red Pigs Dance," performed by Russian pigs
- Marisa dances with some Feather Boas.
- Louis Kazagger covers a wig race for Muppet Sports.
- UK Spot: Robin the Frog sings "Someone to Watch Over Me"
- Kermit, Annie Sue, Scooter, a Salamander, Robin, Beauregard & Fozzie sing "Do-Re-Mi",which winds up going bad when the performers sing when they aren't supposed to.
- Marisa sings "You're Always Welcome at Our House" and traps Whatnots in her house
- Sketch: "The Wedding"
- Closing Gag: Kermit attempts to hide in Statler and Waldorf's box, offering them tickets for next week's show. The two hecklers, less than willing to oblige, throw Kermit out of the balcony.
- After "You're Always Welcome at Our House",The Swedish Chef shows Gladys the wedding cake that he's made. The cake is topped with figures of Kermit and Piggy as the groom and bride. The figures were actually commercially available PVC toys, repainted in new clothes; Miss Piggy was made by German company Schleich, the Kermit figure is a pencil topper from the United Kingdom (company unknown).
- Kermit the Frog, Miss Piggy, Fozzie Bear, Gonzo, Scooter, Lew Zealand, Rowlf the Dog, Animal, Statler and Waldorf, Robin the Frog, Beauregard, Louis Kazagger, Wig Trainer, Greased Lightning, the Swedish Chef, Gladys, Wayne, Whatnots, Pigs, Annie Sue, Pig Minister
- Jim Henson as Kermit the Frog, Rowlf, the Swedish Chef and Waldorf
- Frank Oz as Miss Piggy, Fozzie Bear and Animal
- Jerry Nelson as Lew Zealand, Louis Kazagger, Robin the Frog and Salesman
- Dave Goelz as Gonzo, Beauregard, Wig Trainer and Pig Minister
- Richard Hunt as Scooter, Gladys the Cafeteria Lady, Wayne and Statler
- Louise Gold as Annie Sue Pig
- Steve Whitmire as Whatnot and original Dr. Salamander
|Previous episode:||Next episode:|