|The Muppet Show|
|Production||March 21-23, 1978|
|Premiere|| UK: April 16, 1978|
US: October 5, 1978
Kermit puts up with various problems in the theater: Animal eats Gonzo's trained Mexican jumping beans, which make him jump whenever someone says "Arriba", he gets a strange sandwich from Gladys, and he has to put up with Miss Piggy's temper when Annie Sue is chosen over her in the melodrama sketch. On top of all this, Jean Stapleton announces who she'd like as her partner for the closing number partner: Crazy Harry.
- Annie Sue and the pigs sing "Tico Tico" as the opening number
- Jean and Fozzie sing "Play a Simple Melody"
- At the Dance
- UK Spot: Annie Sue sings "Daddy Wouldn't Buy Me a Bow Wow", accompanied by Rowlf, who slowly gets disgruntled by the term "Bow-Wow."
- Talk Spot: Jean reveals to Sam the Eagle that the Swedish Chef doesn't speak real Swedish, but she can understand him, because she took a correspondence course in mock Swedish. Sam insists that the Chef start speaking honestly, so from now on he agrees to speak in his native language--mock Japanese.
- "Muppet Melodrama" with Miss Piggy, Uncle Deadly and Wayne. Unfortunately, this melodrama sketch turns out to be a scene where Miss Piggy gets tied to railroad tracks.
- Muppet Labs: Shrinking Pills
- "I'm Just Wild About Harry".
|Gonzo's about to blow his trumpet, but Kermit blasts a trumpet directly behind him.|
|Opening number: After Fozzie makes a joke about Jean Stapleton's name, Annie Sue and the pigs perform "Tico Tico".|
|Gonzo looks for his Mexican jumping beans, which were eaten by Animal.|
|UK Spot: Rowlf begrudgingly assists Annie Sue when she sings "Daddy Wouldn't Buy Me a Bow Wow".|
|Piggy is upset that she's not in the upcoming melodrama sketch. Annie Sue doesn't want to be in the sketch, so Piggy takes her place, but doesn't realize what she's in for.|
|Uncle Deadly has Piggy tied to the tracks. Wayne is about to save her, when he observes that he and Deadly were in the same Boy Scout troop. Piggy is left to save herself.|
|Jean asks to do a closing duet with her favorite Muppet--Crazy Harry.|
|Jean sings "I'm Just Wild About Harry" as Crazy Harry sets off several explosions around her.|
- This episode includes the final Talk Spot segment.
- Kermit the Frog, Miss Piggy, Fozzie Bear, Gonzo, Scooter, Rowlf, Statler and Waldorf, Annie Sue Pig, Animal, The Swedish Chef, Sam the Eagle, Uncle Deadly, Wayne, Crazy Harry, Gladys, Floyd Pepper, Zoot, Pigs, Whatnots, Leticia, Dr. Bunsen Honeydew, Beaker, Slim Wilson, Lou, Miss Mousey, Two-Headed Woman
- Link Hogthrob, Dr. Julius Strangepork, T.R. the Rooster, Eric the Parrot, Chickens, Nigel, Dancers, Two-Headed Pig
- Jim Henson as Kermit the Frog, Waldorf, Rowlf and the Swedish Chef
- Frank Oz as Miss Piggy, Fozzie Bear, Animal, Sam the Eagle and Pig Photographer
- Jerry Nelson as Uncle Deadly, Crazy Harry, Floyd Pepper, Slim Wilson, Leticia, Whatnots, Two-Headed Woman, Miss Mousey and Dr. Strangepork
- Richard Hunt as Scooter, Gladys, Statler, Wayne, Beaker and Pigs
- Dave Goelz as Gonzo, Zoot, Dr. Bunsen Honeydew, Waiter and Pig
- Louise Gold as Annie Sue Pig
- Peter Friedman as Dancing Couple (uncredited)
|Previous episode:||Next episode:|
|Pearl Bailey||Alice Cooper|