|The Muppet Show|
|Guest Starring||Jean Stapleton|
|Production Dates||March 21-23, 1978|
|Home Video||Season 3|
Kermit puts up with various problems in the theater: Animal eats Gonzo's trained Mexican jumping beans, which make him jump whenever someone says "Arriba", he gets a strange sandwich from Gladys, and he has to put up with Miss Piggy's temper when Annie Sue is used over her in the melodrama sketch. On top of all this, Jean Stapleton announces who she'd like as her partner for the closing number partner: Crazy Harry.
- Annie Sue and the pigs sing "Tico Tico" as the opening number
- Jean and Fozzie sing "Play a Simple Melody"
- At the Dance
- UK Spot: Annie Sue sings "Daddy Wouldn't Buy Me a Bow Wow", accompanied by Rowlf, who slowly gets disgruntled by the term "Bow-Wow."
- Talk Spot: Jean reveals to Sam the Eagle that the Swedish Chef doesn't speak real Swedish, but she can understand him, because she took a correspondence course in mock Swedish. Sam insists that the Chef start speaking honestly, so from now on he agrees to speak in his native language--mock Japanese.
- "Muppet Melodrama" with Miss Piggy, Uncle Deadly & Wayne. Unfortunately, this melodrama sketch turns out to be a scene where Miss Piggy gets tied to railroad tracks.
- Muppet Labs: Shrinking Pills
- Jean asks to do a closing duet with her favorite Muppet--Crazy Harry. Taking her life in her hands, she sings "I'm Just Wild About Harry", accompanied by Harry on the explodaphone.
- This episode includes the final Talk Spot segment.
- Kermit the Frog, Miss Piggy, Fozzie Bear, Gonzo, Scooter, Rowlf, Statler and Waldorf, Annie Sue Pig, Animal, The Swedish Chef, Sam the Eagle, Uncle Deadly, Wayne, Crazy Harry, Gladys, Floyd Pepper, Zoot, Pigs, Whatnots, Leticia, Dr. Bunsen Honeydew, Beaker, Slim Wilson, Lou, Miss Mousey, Two-Headed Woman
- Jim Henson as Kermit the Frog, Waldorf, Rowlf and the Swedish Chef
- Frank Oz as Miss Piggy, Fozzie Bear, Animal, Sam the Eagle and Pig Photographer
- Jerry Nelson as Uncle Deadly, Crazy Harry, Floyd Pepper, Slim Wilson, Leticia, Whatnots, Two-Headed Woman and Miss Mousey
- Richard Hunt as Scooter, Gladys, Statler, Wayne, Beaker and Pigs
- Dave Goelz as Gonzo, Zoot, Dr. Bunsen Honeydew, Waiter and Pig
- Louise Gold as Annie Sue Pig
|Previous episode:||Next episode:|
|Pearl Bailey||Alice Cooper|