|Bear in the Big Blue House|
|Premiere||December 1, 1998|
|Written by||Claudia Silver|
When Grandma Flutter takes the children of the Big Blue House out to a square dance, Bear plans a day of busy activities. Instead, he finds himself missing their company. He recalls events from the past and thinks about what they might be doing while they're away. In the Shadow segment, Shadow presents a story about a 49er to the tune of the folk song "My Darling Clementine." In the story, the miner's daughter, Clementine, is going away, but she tells her Dad that he's just going to school and she'll e-mail him. "What's e-mail?" asks the miner. Bear, bored, requests another story, but Shadow has other obligations. She asks him if everything is all right, and he tells her about how the others went off square-dancing. Eventually, the others return, brimming with excitement about their trip and ready to share it with Bear, but expressing the feeling that they wish he had come with them.
- What's in the Mail Today? (Instrumental Only)
- Clean Up the House (Instrumental Only)
- Go to Bed, Sleepy Head (flashback)
- Dear Grandma (flashback)
- Otter Love (flashback, also briefly performed solo by Bear)
- A large portion of this episode consists of flashbacks to previous episodes: "The Big Sleep," "What's in the Mail Today?" and "Love Is All You Need."
|Previous episode:||Next episode:|
|I Was Just Thinking||And to All a Good Night|