|The Muppet Show|
|Guest Starring||Teresa Brewer|
|Production Dates||July 12-14, 1977|
|Home Video||Season Two|
Miss Piggy overhears Kermit tell Scooter that she's getting too fat to do her ballet number next week, so she decides to go on a diet. She breaks a scale weighing herself, and collapses after exercising with a TV show for a few minutes.
- Teresa sings "Cotton Fields."
- Pigs in Space: Out of Swill
- Animal, at his drum kit, sings a frantic "Wild Thing" until Janice and a pig come with nets and drag him away to a sanitarium.
- Gonzo's stunts: Gonzo recites Shakespeare while hanging by his nose from a feather boa nine feet in the air, but after he gets a couple lines of The Merchant of Venice out, he sneezes and falls.
- At the Dance: Diet Jokes
- UK Spot: Dr. Teeth performs "Cheesecake" with some Muppet monsters.
- Muppet Labs: Electric Nose Warmer
- Scooter and some frogs sing "At the Hop."
- Teresa sings "Spinning Wheel" while being pushed on a swing by Sweetums.
- Teresa sings "Music Music Music."
- Kermit the Frog, Miss Piggy, Fozzie Bear, Gonzo, Scooter, Statler and Waldorf, Animal, Dr. Bunsen Honeydew, Beaker, Sweetums, Dr. Teeth, Floyd Pepper, Janice, Link Hogthrob, Dr. Julius Strangepork, Crazy Harry, Whatnots, Pigs, Frogs, Cheesecake
- Jim Henson as Kermit the Frog, Link Hogthrob, Waldorf and Dr. Teeth
- Frank Oz as Miss Piggy, Animal and Fozzie Bear
- Jerry Nelson as Floyd Pepper, Dr. Julius Strangepork, Crazy Harry, Frog, Dancers and the Announcer
- Richard Hunt as Scooter, Sweetums, Beaker, Statler and Pig Dancers
- Dave Goelz as Gonzo, Zoot, Dr. Bunsen Honeydew, Swinetrek Crewmember and Dancers
|Previous episode:||Next episode:|
|Bob Hope||John Cleese|