|The Muppet Show|
|Guest Starring||Petula Clark|
|Production Dates||December 13-16, 1977|
|Home Video||Season Two|
A moose shows up in the guest star's dressing room (he was supposed to be a buffalo) and wreaks havoc, both onstage and off. Kermit lets the punning moose hang around backstage until he finds out that his name is Mickey Moose. Kermit pretends not to be upset by the moose but shows his true feelings when guest star Petula Clark and a group of Muppets put on their "moose antlers" and sing the "Mickey Moose Club" song. When a sailor suit bedecked duck named Ronald arrives looking for his friend Mickey, Kermit throws them both out.
The moose finds his way back onstage, however, appearing as the Chocolate Moose in a Swedish Chef sketch. While he's being forced out of the theater one last time, Mickey destroys the glass fountain and eats the flowers that were supposed to be featured in the closing number. Petula insists that the number, "Tomorrow" from the musical Annie, can be performed anywhere -- and proves it by starting the song in her dressing room and ending it onstage with a chorus of Muppets on a simple set of risers. She even forgives the moose, who joins her and Kermit onstage for the closing.
- "Sea Chantey" (Link Hogthrob, Scooter, Fozzie, Gonzo and Robin the Frog)
- "The Boy From Ipanema" (Petula and a Bossman)
- A Western sketch populated entirely with clucking chickens, including T.R. the Rooster and Black Rooster. Gonzo bartends.
- At the Dance
- UK Spot: "Upidee"
- "Too Shy to Say" (Rowlf and Petula)
- Veterinarian's Hospital: Hungry Operating Table
- The Swedish Chef: Chocolate Moose
- "Tomorrow" (Petula and the Muppets)
- Kermit the Frog, Miss Piggy, Fozzie Bear, Gonzo, Scooter, Rowlf, Statler and Waldorf, Mickey Moose, Link Hogthrob, Robin the Frog, a Bossman, T.R. the Rooster, Black Rooster, Chickens, Dr. Teeth, Janice, Youknow Bird, Harold, Phyllis, Droop, Baskerville the Hound, Afghan Hound, Beagle, Goat, Miss Mousey, a Pig, Ronald Duck, The Swedish Chef, Dancers, Whatnots
- Jim Henson as Kermit the Frog, Rowlf, Waldorf, Link Hogthrob, Dr. Teeth, and the Swedish Chef
- Frank Oz as Miss Piggy, Fozzie Bear, and Black Rooster
- Jerry Nelson as Mickey Moose, Robin, T.R. the Rooster, Harold the Woodpecker, Youknow Bird, Baskerville the Hound, Goat, a Dog, Miss Mousey, and Floyd Pepper
- Richard Hunt as Scooter, Statler, a Bossman, Chicken, Janice, Phyllis the Merdlidop, Droop, Afghan Hound, and Ronald Duck
- Dave Goelz as Gonzo and Whatnot Dancer
- Louise Gold as Chicken, Whatnot Dancer, and Pig (uncredited)
|Previous episode:||Next episode:|
|Peter Sellers||Bob Hope|