|The Muppet Show|
|Guest Starring||Petula Clark|
|Production Dates||December 13-16, 1977|
|Home Video||Season Two|
- "Sea Chantey"
- "The Boy From Ipanema"
- Chicken Western Sketch
- At the Dance
- UK Spot: "Upidee"
- "Too Shy to Say"
- Veterinarian's Hospital: Hungry Operating Table
- The Swedish Chef: Chocolate Moose
- The "Chicken Western" sketch was devised by Joseph A. Bailey following a conversation with Jerry Juhl and Don Hinkley about The Muppet Show's international presence. He wished to produce some sketches that would work more universally, including sticking the animal characters into well-known movie clichés.
|Cold Open: Petula points out the moose in her dressing room to Scooter. He notes it's a mistake - she was supposed to get a buffalo.|
|"The Muppet Show Theme": Gonzo's horn flies away from him as soon as he blows into it.|
|The moose interrupts Kermit's intro, then heads backstage to read a "moose-paper."|
|Fozzie Bear, Link Hogthrob, Robin the Frog, Gonzo and Scooter sing a "Sea Chantey" in a rowboat that goes under as the number ends.|
|The moose asks Kermit if he can hang around awhile and reveals his name...Mickey Moose.|
|Petula sings "The Boy from Ipanema" as one of Bossmen dances by the shore.|
|The chickens star in a Western drama. At a saloon (bartended by Gonzo), the Black Rooster arrives to cause trouble for sheriff T.R. the Rooster. They engage in a gun duel, but T.R. runs out quickly. The Black Rooster fires one final shot, which ricochets around the saloon before knocking him out with a lamp. The sheriff and his hen ride of into the sunset on a cow.|
|Petula makes sure Kermit's completely okay with having the moose around backstage, which allows the cast to don antler-caps and sing some of "The Mickey Mouse Club" theme.|
|At the Dance: While Janice and Dr. Teeth get wrapped up in his arms, Phyllis the Merdlidop blows the size of her nose out of proportion.|
|UK Spot: Kermit takes us to Switzerland for some of their patented silliness as the cast sings "Upidee."|
|After dealing with Rowlf's "piano tuna," Petula sings "Too Shy to Say."|
|Kermit now comes face-to-face with Mickey's friend, Ronald Duck. Kermit shoos them out of the backstage.|
|Veterinarian's Hospital: Dr. Bob's patient today has a type of "slipping sickness" as he sinks into the operating table. The doctors inspect, all falling in too. This works out fine for Dr. Bob, who gets paid under the table.|
|The Swedish Chef prepares chocolate mousse by spreading some chocolate on Mickey. Kermit cuts the act off short.|
|Scooter describes the closing number set to Petula: a large glass fountain and dozens of flowers. Mickey soon destroys it and eats all the flowers. Petula assures Kermit the number will come out fine and starts singing "Tomorrow" as the rest of the Muppets join in.|
|Petula comes out for the closing, particularly fond of the moose. "That's my kind of woman!"|
- Kermit the Frog, Miss Piggy, Fozzie Bear, Gonzo, Scooter, Rowlf, Statler and Waldorf, Mickey Moose, Link Hogthrob, Robin the Frog, a Bossman, T.R. the Rooster, Black Rooster, Chickens, Dr. Teeth, Janice, Youknow Bird, Harold, Phyllis, Droop, Baskerville the Hound, Afghan Hound, Mutt, Goat, Miss Mousey, a Pig, Ronald Duck, The Swedish Chef, Dancers, Whatnots
- Jim Henson as Kermit the Frog, Rowlf, Waldorf, Link Hogthrob, Dr. Teeth, and the Swedish Chef
- Frank Oz as Miss Piggy, Fozzie Bear, and Black Rooster
- Jerry Nelson as Mickey Moose, Robin, T.R. the Rooster, Harold the Woodpecker, Youknow Bird, Baskerville the Hound, Goat, a Dog, Miss Mousey, the Announcer, and Floyd Pepper
- Richard Hunt as Scooter, Statler, a Bossman, Chicken, Janice, Phyllis the Merdlidop, Droop, Afghan Hound, and Ronald Duck
- Dave Goelz as Gonzo and Whatnot Dancer
- Louise Gold as Chicken, Whatnot Dancer, and Pig (uncredited)
|Previous episode:||Next episode:|
|Peter Sellers||Bob Hope|