|Air Date||May 14, 1984|
|Written by||Susan Juhl and Jerry Juhl|
Meanwhile, Doc is displeased that an old house across the street will end up converted into a bed and breakfast.
- Red and Mokey search for a new cave to share, and they find a previously unknown cave that looks out right over the Great Hall. It's very unlikely that such an attractive piece of real estate would remain undiscovered, especially since so much of Fraggle Rock has been explored. This suggests that the Rock magically changes its geography to suit the Fraggles' needs, a fact that becomes very important at the end of the series.
- Three supporting characters make their debut in this episode, two off-screen. Mokey introduces Red to Lanford, her pet night-blooming yellow-leaved deathwort, who takes an instant mutual dislike to Red. Lanford takes an important role in some future episodes, including "The Beanbarrow, the Burden and the Bright Bouquet and "Wonder Mountain."
- This episode also marks the introduction of Ms. Ardath and her Airedale Marigold, who serve as Doc and Sprocket's love interests for the rest of the series. Ms. Ardath moves into the neighborhood and opens a bed-and-breakfast, which infuriates Doc until he meets the charming Ms. Ardath.
- Another Henson reference pops up in Uncle Matt's postcard, in a scene reminiscent of E.T. - The Extra Terrestrial -- Matt hides in a toybox, right next to an Oscar the Grouch doll. A Bert doll can also be seen on the floor of the kid's bedroom, and a Kermit the Frog doll sits atop the dresser.
- The lyrics for this episode's songs were written by Tim Wynne-Jones, instead of the usual lyricist, Dennis Lee.
- According to a postcard from Gobo's Uncle Traveling Matt, Matt explores a bedroom of two girls named Jenny and Joanna, whom their mother orders to clean up their room. Meanwhile, thinking of this as a good hiding place, Matt hides in their toy chest as the girls tidy up their room and put their toys in the chest.
- Fraggle Rock: Complete Second Season (HIT!, 2006)
- Fraggle Rock: Complete Series Collection (HIT!, 2008)
|Previous episode:||Next episode:|
|Doomsday Soup||Wembley and the Great Race|