|Air Date||December 7, 1985|
|Written by||Chuck Lorre|
As the episode begins, the Muppet Babies are in the nursery pretending to take part in carnival games. Animal drags a box full of discarded items from the closet, and encourages the others to retrieve items with a fishing line. Kermit and Baby Piggy fish out a golden lamp. Animal, acting the part of the genie, then grants each of the others one wish each.
In Piggy's wish, the characters imagine themselves on a gigantic pink ship. After a wrong turn, the ship starts to tear down the streets of a coastal city. They park the ship, but receive a violation ticket from Skeeter and are towed away.
Since Kermit has trouble deciding upon his wish, Fozzie is the next to take his turn. He wishes that he could tell funny jokes in movies, and the babies imagine themselves in a theater. Fozzie falls into the screen, finding himself in the inadvertent role of an escaped prisoner in a black-and-white film. Sensing his danger, the others follow and rescue him.
Skeeter wishes for a pony (which they imagine as a motorized vehicle), while Piggy attempts to wish for Kermit to marry her. Gonzo wishes for a big kiss from Piggy (much to her own dismay). Gonzo then finds himself abducted by Piggy, as the lamp has made her gigantic. Giant Piggy smothers Gonzo with kisses, causing Gonzo to realize "be careful what you wish for".
After extensive consideration, Kermit is finally ready to make his wish. He wishes for the characters to stay together, and make movies and TV shows when they grow up, segueing into a clip from The Great Muppet Caper. The remaining characters are skeptical, but Kermit maintains that his wish has a good chance of coming true.
- Muppet Babies: Baby Kermit, Baby Piggy, Baby Fozzie, Baby Gonzo, Baby Rowlf, Baby Scooter, Baby Skeeter, Baby Animal
- Supporting Characters: Nanny
- A book carrying the Muppet Babies logo on the cover is briefly visible inside the box Animal drags from the closet.
- After Kermit makes his wish, a clip from The Great Muppet Caper is shown, where the Muppets go through the check list.
- This is comedian Howie Mandel's last episode performing Baby Skeeter & Baby Animal.
|Previous episode:||Next episode:|
|By the Book||Pigerella|