|The Muppet Show|
|Guest Starring||Bernadette Peters|
|Production Dates||August 16-18, 1977|
|Home Video||Season Two|
Robin wants his own spot on the show, but his uncle Kermit doesn't even notice him with bigger costars like Thog, Sweetums, and Timmy stomping around. The little frog even tries to run away but just ends up locked in his own suitcase. When Bernadette Peters notices him and tries to cheer him up, however, Robin finds out that all the Muppets believe in him. He becomes so confident that he demands to sing "They Call the Wind Maria," but Kermit settles on a cute, little song called "I'm Five" instead.
Meanwhile, Miss Piggy is so jealous that Kermit has decided to sing the opening number with Miss Mousey that she puts Statler into a hammerlock to ensure that he'll boo her performance. He and Waldorf even refrain from applauding Bernadatte Peters after "Take a Little One Step" until Piggy gives her permission. The hecklers can't seem to catch a break when even Sam the Eagle gives them a hard time for laughing at what was supposed to be his somber retelling of "The Ant and the Grasshopper."
- "How Could You Believe Me When I Said I Loved You When You Know I've Been a Liar All My Life"
- "Take a Little One Step"
- "Veterinarian's Hospital": Shoe
- UK Spot: "Sheik of Araby"
- The Ant and The Grasshopper
- "Just One Person"
- The Swedish Chef: Bomb Egg
- Muppet Labs: Bunsonium
- Robin wants to sing "They Call the Wind Maria," but Kermit has him perform "I'm Five" instead.
- Muppet News Flash: A Large Heavy Object Has Been Dropped From the Ceiling
- "Apple Jack"
|Cold Open: The Swedish Chef has sent a rather unappealing chicken sandwich to guest star Bernadette Peters' dressing room.|
|"The Muppet Show Theme": A balloon comes out of Gonzo's trumpet, but fails to blow up all the way.|
|Miss Piggy notices that the opening number is supposed to be a duet, and naturally assumes it would be a duet for her and Kermit. To her surprise (and distaste), Kermit is instead singing with Miss Mousey.|
| || Kermit and Miss Mousey sing "How Could You Believe Me When I Said I Loved You When You Know I've Been a Liar All My Life."|
Up in the balcony, Statler boos the opening number. When Waldorf admits to liking the song, Statler states, "Well, the pig doesn't have you in a hammerlock!"
| ||Backstage, Robin tries to get Kermit's attention to ask for a part in the show, but Kermit is far too busy trying to get the monsters onstage to notice him.|
| ||Bernadette Peters sings "Take a Little One Step" while dancing with Sweetums, Thog, and Timmy Monster.|
|Robin is upset that no one ever notices him, and is packing his bags to run away. Unfortunately, he's so small that he ends up falling into his suitcase and getting stuck.|
|Chickens play "Chopsticks" on the piano.|
| ||The Veterinarian's Hospital staff discover that their next patient is a shoe.|
|In the UK Spot, Uncle Deadly and the Sheikh's Wife sing "Sheik of Araby."|
| || Sam the Eagle relates the fable of The Ant and the Grasshopper in which the fun-loving grasshopper drives to Florida for the winter, and the hard-working ant gets stepped on.|
In the balcony, Statler and Waldorf love the new ending to this classic tale, but Sam will not stand for it. Waldorf meekly asks, "Why are they picking on us tonight?"
| ||Robin goes to Bernadette's dressing room to say goodbye before he runs away from home. When she inquires why he is leaving, he tells her that "no one cares about a six ounce frog." Bernadette encourages Robin to believe in himself, singing "Just One Person." Soon, the room is filled with Muppets who sing along with her.|
|The Swedish Chef tries to coax an egg out of a chicken. Instead, he receives a bomb.|
|Robin tells his uncle all about his idea to sing "They Call the Wind Maria," but Kermit wants him to sing a "cute little song" instead. When Robin protests, Kermit threatens to call his father, which brings the young frog around.|
|Dr. Bunsen Honeydew has his assistant, Beaker, test his latest invention, Bunsonium, which deflates Beaker's head.|
| ||Robin finally gets his chance to perform and sings "I'm Five." But when Robin tries to sing a second song, he is quickly pulled offstage by a Vaudevillian cane.|
|A Muppet News Flash: The Newsman is crushed by a large object dropped from the ceiling.|
|Bernadette Peters sings "Apple Jack" with Lubbock Lou and his Jughuggers.|
|Bernadette gives a special thanks to Robin the Frog.|
- Miss Piggy's rivalry with Miss Mousey ends here -- this is Mousey's last major appearance.
- This is the first episode in which Robin is identified as Kermit's nephew.
- Nickelodeon: The Swedish Chef's segment and the chickens playing Chopsticks were cut.
- Kermit the Frog, Miss Piggy, Scooter, Rowlf the Dog, Statler and Waldorf, Miss Mousey, Robin the Frog, Janice, The Swedish Chef, Dr. Bunsen Honeydew, Beaker, The Newsman, Uncle Deadly, The Sheikh's Wife, Sam the Eagle, Ant, Grasshopper, Chickens, Sweetums, Timmy Monster, Thog, Zeke, Slim Wilson, Lou, Gramps, Lubbock Lou, Bubba
- Jim Henson as Kermit the frog, Waldorf, the Swedish Chef, Rowlf, the Newsman, Zeke and Thog
- Frank Oz as Miss Piggy, Fozzie Bear, Sam the Eagle and Gramps
- Jerry Nelson as Robin, Miss Mousey, Uncle Deadly, the Announcer, Chickens and Ant
- Richard Hunt as Scooter, Statler, Beaker, Janice, Bubba, Chicken and Grasshopper
- Dave Goelz as The Great Gonzo, Dr. Bunsen Honeydew, the Sheik's Wife and Timmy Monster
- Louise Gold as Sweetums (uncredited)
|Previous episode:||Next episode:|
|Dom DeLuise||Rudolf Nureyev|