Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|Air Date||January 9, 1984|
|Written by||B.P. Nichol|
Boober is tired of all the noise in Fraggle Rock, so he decides to move to the more peaceful Caves of Boredom, where he sets up his own personal community, "Boober Rock." The Caves of Boredom are nice and quiet, but the apparent serenity disguises a deadly threat - the bright purple flowers in the caves emit a gas that induces forgetfulness.
Uncle Traveling Matt's latest postcard tells of how Silly Creatures use underground caves and tunnels to travel around Outer Space, just like Fraggles. Unlike Fraggle Rock, however, these caves and tunnels are boring. That is, until a giant transportation vehicle comes along and frightens Matt so much that he passes out.
- Fraggles never go to the distant Caves of Boredom. In fact, it's said that two Fraggles went there once and never returned. The plants in the cave emit a gas that makes Fraggles forget everything they've ever known, so if you're planning a trip there, make sure to write down everything you'll want to remember, and take the list with you. But make sure you don't forget how to read.
- The effects of the gases from the Caves of Forgetfulness are counteracted by Boober's mixture of dirty laundry, a twig, rock soap and a bleach nut.
- The Storyteller, performed in the first season by Richard Hunt, is performed from the second season on by Terry Angus. The Muppet performers pride themselves on consistently pairing characters and performers, and this is one of the very few times in the series' five-year history in which two puppeteers play the same character.
- The Storyteller seems to suggest in this episode that she had a crush on Travelling Matt when she was younger.
- "Remembering Song (Na-Na-Na)" has the same tune as "I'm a Little Stewpot" from the later episode "Boober Gorg."
- "I'm Never Alone"
- "Remembering Song (Na-Na-Na)"
- "Boober Rock", parody of the Fraggle Rock Theme Song
- Fraggle Rock: Complete Second Season (HIT!, 2006)
- Fraggle Rock: Complete Series Collection (HIT!, 2008)
International episode titles
- France: "La Caverne de Boubeur" (The Cave of Boober)
- Germany: "Boober-Felsen" (Boober Rock)
- Netherlands: "De Bobbie grot"
- Spain: "El rock de Bombo"
|Previous episode:||Next episode:|
|Wembley's Egg||The Trash Heap Doesn't Live Here Anymore|