|Plot|| Hawaii Day 5 – Big Bird and Snuffy find the Snuffleupagus Mountain at last|
repeat of 1094
|Air date||March 6, 1980|
|Season||Season 11 (1979-1980)|
|Sponsors||G, K, 5|
- Still determined to find Mount Snuffleupagus, Big Bird and Snuffy take some kids along on their journey. They spot "Mount Sleeping Giant", which looks like a giant man sleeping.
- As it rains, Keola and some kids sing "Three Blind Mice."
- Ernie decides to set up an apple-selling stand, and has everything he needs, leaving out the apples. (EKA: Episode 1219)
- Oscar learns, to his detriment, that aloha means good things.
- Mr. Hooper, determined to show he's still got guts at his age, decides to try surfing in the Hawaiian ocean. The experience is stiffeningly exciting -- he's ready to go again!
- Bob and Mr. Hooper play with the kids in the ocean.
- The Rhymies go camping.
- Counting to ten in Hawaiian.
- Snuffy talks to his mommy on the phone.
- Buffy sings "I Like to Use My Ears."
- Bob and Maria look at various shells. Oscar has a shell of his own, which squirts in Maria's face when she looks at it!
- You can supposedly hear the ocean if you put a sea shell up to your ear. Coincidentally, you can also hear the sounds of the city if you listen to Oscar's tin can! (But if you're Maria, it'll squirt in your face.)
- Snuffy prepares to take a rest again, at a mountain they've been near before ... lo and behold, it is the very mountain they've been searching for! They've finally found Mount Ihu Papa'a Lo'ihi Nui -- Mount Snuffleupagus! The adults finally catch up with Big Bird and tell him it's time to go home. Needless to say, they don't believe his exciting story. After they leave, the ground trembles as the mysterious mythical creature moves over and settles down for another 100 years. Maria announces the sponsors.
|Previous episode:||Next episode:|
|Episode 1388||Episode 1390|