|Plot||Mr. Hooper's birthday|
|Air date||April 11, 1979|
|Season||Season 10 (1978-1979)|
|Sponsors||D, L, 11|
- Ernie & Bert — Ernie turns on the radio to hear his favorite exercise show, Get Moving. He engages the viewer to do all the exercises he does, such as touching toes and jumping. Bert joins in, and has so much fun jumping that he doesn't notice that his favorite program, Pigeons in the News, is coming on. (EKA: Episode 1025)
- Film: African children play and sing.
- Gordon and Susan have an argument, then sing "Try a Little Harder."
- Animation: The word ICE is formed with ice cubes, which melt.
- Little Bird plays an imagination game, closing his eyes and imagining he hears sounds. At the end of the game, he imagines that he hears a scary monster -- and when he opens his eyes, Herry Monster is there, growling at him. (EKA: Episode 0148)
- Cartoon: A kid tries to push his toy house through the front door without the door closing. (EKA: Episode 0926)
- Plans are made for a surprise birthday party for Mr. Hooper and Big Bird invites everyone using sign language.
- At Mr. Hooper's party, everyone signs the word "surprise."
|Previous episode:||Next episode:|
|Episode 1282||Episode 1284|