|Air date||May 5, 1978|
|Season||Season 9 (1977-1978)|
|Sponsors||J, K, 5|
- Big Bird collects round objects.
- Film: Kid voiceovers identify a horse's body parts (shown one at a time), then the complete animal. (EKA: Episode 0813)
- Ernie and Bert: Bert can't go on a trip with Ernie because his hand has purple paint on it. Ernie puts a mitten on Bert's hand to cover it, but Bert still won't go because he looks silly wearing one mitten. So Ernie completes the outfit with another mitten, a hat, a scarf, and a sled. Ernie then reveals that they are going to the beach. (EKA: Episode 0514)
- Guy Smiley hosts "Beat the Time". In order to win a cookie, Cookie Monster has to bring in three things that rhyme with the word "rain" before the hand goes around the clock. They turn out to be an old man's "cane," a "chain" (to which Frazzle is attached), and finally a "train" that destroys the set. (EKA: Episode 0494)
- Oscar subtracts trash bags.
- Ernie and Bert: Ernie has a question for Bert, but he decides to wait until Bert is finished reading the newspaper. Ernie hums and talks to Rubber Duckie until Bert gives up reading the paper in exasperation. Then Ernie can ask his question: "Can I borrow the newspaper?" (First: Episode 0042)
- Ernie and Bert: Ernie tries to fool Bert with his disguises such as a pirate disguise and a bearded Red Riding Hood disguise, but Bert recognizes him both times and tells him to stop trying to fool him. Then a wolf knocks on the door and Bert is convinced it's Ernie in disguise again- until Ernie appears at the door!
- Sesame Street Animal Films: Termites
- Oscar has termites.
- Cartoon: The IT knows how a lightbulb works.
|Previous episode:||Next episode:|
|Episode 1169||Episode 1186|