|The Muppet Show|
|Production||July 20-22, 1976|
|Premiere|| UK: October 24, 1976|
US: November 8, 1976
- "Pizzicato" (in a parody of "An Evening at the Pops")
- Muppet Labs: Robot Politician
- At the Dance
- Peter and Fozzie, as Professors Nood and Nik, give a discourse on post-Dickensian economics.
- UK Spot: "(Hey Won't You Play) Another Somebody Done Somebody Wrong Song"
- "You Do Something to Me"
- Muppet News Flash: Cure for the Common Cold
- Wayne and Wanda: "Autumn Leaves"
- Panel Discussion: Psychiatry
- "Bein' Green"
- This is the second time someone else, instead of Kermit, says, "See you next time on The Muppet Show!" at the end of the episode. The first time was episode 111. In this episode, Peter Ustinov says it in his Kermit impression.
- For the French dub Le Muppet Show, Peter Ustinov redubbed his own voice.
- This is the first episode not to feature a Talk Spot.
|"The Muppet Show Theme": Gonzo gets his beater stuck in the sign.|
|An orchestra of balloon-headed musicians (the wind section) perform Léo Delibes' "Pizzicato" as a parody of "An Evening at the Pops."|
|Statler comments on music soothing the savage beast. However, Waldorf points out that it is not the case here when Animal joins them in their box to shake them.|
|Miss Piggy tells Kermit that her heart is going "pitter-patter" over being so near to the man she has loved for years. Kermit soon finds out, though, that she is actually speaking of their guest star, Peter Ustinov. After all, he is a renisaince man and Kermit is only a leg man.|
|Muppet Labs: Peter Ustinov joins Dr. Bunsen Honeydew in his lab to become "a Muppet." He plays the part of a robot politician, becoming such characters as a British prime minister, an American president, and a Russian premier before he eventually malfunctions and explodes.|
|Fozzie Bear enters backstage looking for Peter. He explains to Kermit how appearing with Peter in a sketch is the highlight of his career. Last week, as Kermit points out, Fozzie said appearing in a sketch with him was the highlight of his career. Fozzie states simply, "I was wrong."|
|At the Dance: Rowlf and his dancing partner dance near the punch bowl where they find out why it is called a punch bowl.|
|Sam the Eagle arrives to introduce Doctors Arnold Nood and Frederick Nik, really Peter Ustinov and Fozzie Bear. Together they discuss post-Dickensian economics.|
|UK Spot: Miss Piggy sings a tearful "(Hey Won't You Play) Another Somebody Done Somebody Wrong Song." Rowlf plays piano, and Fozzie, George, Mildred, Scooter, Janice, Hilda, and Gonzo join in on the chorus.|
|Hilda tells Kermit how Peter told her she has an exquisite hem-stitch. Kermit reminds Hilda that he has always told her that her craftsmanship as a seamstress is superb and flawless. She replies, "What does a frog know?"|
|Svengali tries to transform his assistant as she sings "You Do Something to Me."|
|Muppet News Flash: The Newsman receives a report from Copenhagen, Denmark. Dr. Felix Oglebaum (Peter Ustinov) claims to have discovered a cure for the common cold! First you stay away from sick people, then wrap your head in a number-ten-sized brown paper bag and pour honey over yourself. Finally, hold your breath for about an hour or so.|
|Wayne and Wanda sing "Autumn Leaves."|
|Panel Discussions: Psychiatry is discussed. Peter plays the part of a psychiatrist whose every word is countered by the confused, but opinionated, Cynthia Birdley.|
|Scooter asks Kermit for Peter Ustinov's autograph, then reveals to Kermit that he wants to be just like Peter when he grows up. Kermit thought he wanted to be like him, but Scooter tells him, "I was wrong."|
|Kermit sings "Bein' Green" to reassure himself.|
|At the closing, Peter brings out one of the show's writers, a hatrack, and then comforts Kermit, telling him that he's always wanted to be a frog.|
- Kermit the Frog, Miss Piggy, Fozzie Bear, Scooter, Rowlf the Dog, Statler and Waldorf, Balloon-Head Conductor, Animal, Dr. Bunsen Honeydew, Pig, Zoot, Janice, George the Janitor, Mildred Huxtetter, Sexy Muppet, Sam the Eagle, Hilda, Svengali, Svengali's Assistant, The Newsman, Wayne, Wanda, Cynthia Birdley
- Jim Henson as Kermit the Frog, Waldorf, Rowlf, The Newsman and the Conductor for the Pops
- Frank Oz as Miss Piggy, Fozzie Bear, Sam the Eagle, Animal, George the Janitor, and Mildred Huxtetter
- Richard Hunt as Scooter, Wayne, Statler, Miss Piggy, and Miss Piggy's dancing partner
- Dave Goelz as Dr. Bunsen Honeydew and Zoot
- Eren Ozker as Hilda, Janice, Wanda, Magician Version of Svengali's Assistant and Rowlf's dancing partner
- John Lovelady as others
- Peter Friedman as others
- Cynthia Adler as Cynthia Birdley and Svengali's Assistant
Extra writing credits
|Previous episode:||Next episode:|
|Lena Horne||Bruce Forsyth|