|Plot||Oscar launches a rocket.|
|Air date||January 24, 1978|
|Season||Season 9 (1977-1978)|
|Sponsors||A, S, 9|
- Oscar counts fish.
- Ernie and Bert: At the beach, Ernie notices that Bert is missing; all he sees is Bert's hat. Sherlock Hemlock tries to help find Bert, and in the process,discovers that Ernie accidentally buried Bert under the sand. (EKA: Episode 0933)
- The Amazing Mumford begins his magic subtraction trick with four pineapples, and makes them disappear one at a time. Then Grover makes Mumford disappear. (First: Episode 0280)
- Linda pantomimes a game.
- Sesame Street News Flash: Kermit witnesses how the mailman, the salesman, and the woodsman knock at the door while the Big Bad Wolf chases Little Red Riding Hood around the bed. (EKA: Episode 0691)
- Cartoon: An apple, an orange and a pear learn they can cooperate by rocking and rolling. (EKA: Episode 0791)
- Western: Four Anything Muppet cowboys put up a Wanted poster for "the Great Cookie Thief", who's been stealing cookies from all the bakeries in these here parts. Cookie Monster is standing in front of the poster, and the others suspect that he's the Great Cookie Thief -- he has the same googly eyes, the same blue fur, and the same Western hat. They confront Cookie Monster, but he denies the charge: "Not have same mustache!" He shouts, "Look over there!" -- and while they're distracted, he draws a mustache on the poster. They apologize -- but then Cookie Monster takes off his hat, and cookies fall out. The Great Cookie Thief makes his escape. (First: Episode 0276)
- Cartoon: What kind of print does a hand make?
- Oscar counts down from 20 to 1 to launch his homemade rocket off into space.
|Previous episode:||Next episode:|
|Episode 1096||Episode 1098|