|Plot||Susan and Gordon have an argument|
|Air date||January 2, 1978|
|Season||Season 9 (1977-1978)|
|Sponsors||I, X, 3|
- Ernie & Bert — In a two-part sketch, The Count sleeps in Bert's bed while Bert sleeps on the couch. Ernie tells the Count that he can count sheep to get to sleep, but the Count stays up all night counting sheep. The next morning, The Count mentions that he had a good night, but he didn't sleep. His counting kept Ernie up, and now Ernie is walking and counting in a daze. (EKA: Episode 0914)
- Cartoon: A girl demonstrates that she is scary-looking to a sleeping monster. (Artist: Bruce Cayard) (EKA: Episode 0845)
- Oscar witnesses an argument between Gordon and Susan. Unfortunately for him, Gordon gives Susan a present after settling the argument.
- Ernie & Bert — Ernie thinks that he isn't special. Bert tells Ernie to feel his nose -- "That's an Ernie nose!" -- and then feel his hair, and wiggle his fingers. Bert says that nobody else is just like Ernie. Encouraged, Ernie tells the audience to do the same. (First: Episode 0276)
- Ernie & Bert — Bert shows off his bottlecap collection to Ernie, who remembers that he found a Figgy Fizz bottle cap -- the very one that Bert needed to complete his collection. (EKA: Episode 0257)
- Film: David narrates some films showing the homes of animals.
- Guy Smiley hosts "Beat the Time". In order to win a cookie, Cookie Monster has to bring in three things that rhyme with the word "rain" before the hand goes around the clock. They turn out to be an old man's "cane," a "chain" (to which Frazzle is attached), and finally a "train" that destroys the set. (EKA: Episode 0494)
|Previous episode:||Next episode:|
|Episode 1080||Episode 1082|