|The Jim Henson Hour|
|Air Date||July 16, 1989|
Jim Henson's Intro
Jim Henson reminds the Lion that he was supposed to wear a pith helmet, and remarks to the audience that whenever they go to a nice restauraunt, the lion refuses to wear a tie.
- Guest Star: Smokey Robinson
- Bean Bunny work-out video
- Just to See Her with Smokey Robinson and Solid Foam
- Merlin the Magician, M.D.: man with a sword through his head
- Muppet Labs: Exercise Shoes
- The Swedish Chef: cake, with interruption by Jacques Roach
- A story in which a couple decides to let some animals stay inside the house, leading to them letting all of the animals staying in the house. The couple then stays in the barn, only to find that their clothing can talk.
- Song: "Jump (For My Love)"
In the rainforest, Milton the Golden Toad worries that he may be the last of his species alive, and he'll never find a mate to love.
Jim Henson explains that golden Toads are endangered because rainforrests are disapearing, and that it matters to people like The Thought Lion and himself.
- This is one of only two episodes that included an appearance by the Swedish Chef.
- This is one of the few episodes that Richard Hunt performed in.
- According to the July 18, 1989 issue of The Kentucky New Era, this episode was the lowest rated program among all four networks, ranking dead last out of 77 shows, bringing in a 3.9 household rating (watched by about 3.5 million households)
- Kermit's original line when introducing "Just to See Her" was "Here's Smokey Robinson and the house band!" When the episode aired, the line was re-dubbed to mention "Solid Foam" instead.
- Kermit the Frog, Digit, Link Hogthrob, Chickens, Gonzo, Bean Bunny, Leon, Vicki, Lindberg, Sweetums, Timmy Monster, Doglion, Dr. Bunsen Honeydew, Beaker, Jacques Roach, Rowlf the Dog, The Swedish Chef, Statler and Waldorf, Merlin's Assistant, Luncheon Counter Monster, Cow, The Singing Food, Penguins, Goat, Wolf, Deer, Mickey Moose, Billy the Bear, Rabbits, Raccoon, Old Skyball Paint, Beard, Flash
- Jim Henson as Kermit the Frog, Link Hogthrob, Rowlf, the Swedish Chef, Doglion (voice only) and Waldorf.
- Fran Brill as Vicki and Merlin's Assistant.
- Kevin Clash as Clifford, Leon, Doglion and Timmy Monster (voice only)
- Dave Goelz as Digit, Gonzo, Cabbage, Doglion (second voice), and Dr. Bunsen Honeydew.
- Richard Hunt as Beaker and Statler.
- Rob Mills as Sweetums.
- Jerry Nelson as Beard, Luncheon Counter Monster, Cow, and a guy with a sword through his head.
- Gord Robertson as Timmy Monster and a rat
- Steve Whitmire as Bean Bunny and Jacques Roach.
|Previous episode:||Next episode:|