|The Jim Henson Hour|
|Air Date||July 9, 1989|
Jim Henson talks about the Creature Shop, showing one of The Devils as an example of what the Creature Shop can make. A puppet later used as The Predator on Dinosaurs can also be seen. He then introduces the Monster Maker.
Teenage Matt wants to work with a famous but eccentric creature/fx (special effects) man, but he gets more than he bargained for when one of the creatures, the giant, dragon-like Ultragorgon, takes Matt under his wing. Matt is forced to confront his inner monsters while working out his issues with his father.
Brian Henson makes a cameo performing the slerks.
Based on the novel by Nicholas Fisk.
Jim Henson mentions that although the creatures look real, they are not actually alive. Jim states that when the viewers sees the credits, it will state that it took eight puppeteers to operate the Ultragorgon as Jim also states that his son Brian operated the Ultragorgon's head in the Ultragorgon's neck compartment. He also brings out Kermit the Frog who comments that he liked the special.
- This episode was later re-aired as a stand-alone special without the framing introduction and closing, or The Jim Henson Hour title/logos.
- Michael Gambon as Ultragorgon (voice)
- Jonathan Coy as Teacher
- Matthew Scurfield Vaughn
- Bill Moody as Reg
- Grant Bardsley as Ben
- Alison Steadman as Perriwinkle
- Amanda Dickinson as Mother
- George Costigan as Father
- Harry Dean Stanton as Chancey Bellow
- Kieran O'Brien as Matt Banting
|Previous episode:||Next episode:|
|The Ratings Game||Health and Fitness|