|Plot||David's grandmother helps Oscar write a love poem.|
|Air date||December 15, 1977|
|Season||Season 9 (1977-1978)|
|Sponsors||D, E, 8|
- David's grandmother shows Maria how to use an apple peeler.
- David's grandmother helps Oscar the Grouch complete a love poem with words that rhyme.
- Cartoon: A small man and his assistant, Dudley, attempt to demonstrate both the capital and lower-case letter D. (first shown in Sesame Street Test Show 1)
- Cookie Monster stars in the story of The Boy Who Cried Monster, read by Maria. In it he plays a monster who is constantly stealing cookies from the local villagers. One young boy can't resist tricking his neighbors by shouting "monster!" when there isn't one, but when the monster finally does appear, no one believes him. As a result, the boy loses his cookies to the monster. (EKA: Episode 0412)
- David leaves to spend a few days with his grandmother.
- The Martians discover a telephone. They say hello to it, and then try mooing, meowing, and clucking at it. None of these bring any response. Then the phone begins to ring. The Martians, thinking it's talking, start making ringing noises back. (EKA: Episode 0598)
|Previous episode:||Next episode:|
|Episode 1068||Episode 1070|