|The Jim Henson Hour|
|Air Date||May 14, 1989|
Jim Henson's Intro
- Bobby McFerrin and the Graffiti Muppets.
- A documentary about the tranquility of nature turns into a war film, as caterpillars and butterflies try to destroy each other
- Hurting Something, a yuppie drama from another planet
- Gorilla Television: Ubu, Chip and Zondra interrupt the MuppeTelevision broadcast to feature Marc Weiner and his puppet Rocko
- Bobby McFerrin reads the musical news, with the Muppet Newsman providing interpretation for the totally unhip
- Link Hogthrob is at the mercy of the Response-o-Matic, a machine which changes the genre of the show based on what the audience wants to see
- Bean Bunny and the cast sing "La Bamba."
Jim Henson and the lion put on sunglasses, because they are going to Hollywood, as they introduce the second half.
Jim Henson demonstrates a dog Graffiti Muppet and introduces it to The Thought Lion.
- Despite none of his characters appearing, Jerry Nelson can be seen in the MuppeTelevision portion as Mr. Harry Stapleton, representing a key demographic of one.
- Although Jerry Nelson appears on-screen, he most likely didn't perform any Muppets in this episode, as he isn't credited as a performer, and none of the Muppets in this episode are voiced by him.
- According to the May 17, 1989 issue of Star-News, this episode was the lowest rated TV program among the major three networks the week it aired (72nd out of 77 shows among all four networks) with a 5.2 household rating (viewed in about 4.7 million households)
- This episode premiered on Mother's Day 1989. and was also the first episode to air in a Sunday night slot. Jim makes note of both of these events in his intro.
- Kermit the Frog, Bean Bunny, Vicki, Waldo C. Graphic, Gonzo, Leon, Miss Piggy, Graffiti Muppets, Statler and Waldorf, Zondra, Ubu, Chip, Anthony, Fern, Link Hogthrob, Bob, Bruno
- Jim Henson - Kermit the Frog, Link Hogthrob, Waldorf, The Newsman
- Camille Bonora - Fern
- Fran Brill - Vicki, Zondra
- Kevin Clash - Leon, Bob the Game Show Host
- Dave Goelz - Digit, Gonzo
- Richard Hunt - Statler
- Frank Oz - Miss Piggy, Fozzie Bear
- Dan Redican - Anthony
- Gord Robertson - Lindbergh
- Bob Stutt - Ubu
- Steve Whitmire - Bean Bunny, Waldo C. Graphic
- Chris Langham -
- Sandra Shamas -
|Previous episode:||Next episode:|
|Dog City||Monster Maker|