|The Jim Henson Hour|
|Air Date||May 5, 1989|
Jim Henson's IntroEdit
While Digit has prepared a number of selections on the monitors to show on the episode, Kermit says they won't be needing them, as it is "Muppet Night at the Movies," and they plan on showcasing a film from the All Dog Network (ADN), Dog City. However, due to technical difficulties, the film is delayed. While the technical problems are being worked on, Bean Bunny presents previews of two of his upcoming films, Bean Bunny and the Cuteness Thief (starring the Wolf as Evil McBad) and Beanbo. Also, ADN airs some behind-the-scenes footage from the making of Dog City narrated by Rover Cleveland, featuring Lyle as the news anchor (and a cameo voice-over by Jim Henson as the director).
Jim Henson closes the show performing on-camera with his character, Bugsy Them, who didn't like the ending of the movie.
- Jim Henson won the Emmy Award for Outstanding Directing in a Variety or Music Program for this episode
- This was the only Jim Henson Hour episode directed by Jim Henson.
- The sale of the Muppets to The Walt Disney Company included the rights to the MuppeTelevision portion of this episode but not to the Dog City special. When the special was released on DVD by the Jim Henson Company as Dog City: The Movie, the footage of Rowlf was kept intact, even though the character is owned by Disney.
- Jim Henson - Kermit the Frog, Rowlf the Dog, Bugsy Them, Off-screen director
- Camille Bonora - Miss Belle
- Rickey Boyd - Laughing Boy
- Fran Brill - Vicki, Colleen Barker
- Kevin Clash - Ace Yu
- Dave Goelz - Digit, Dog Stunt-Cat
- Rob Mills - Quackers
- Jerry Nelson - Bubba the Bartender, Spot, Trailer Narration, Evil McBad
- Dan Redican - All-Dog Network Announcer
- Gord Robertson - Scruffy
- Steve Whitmire - Bean Bunny, Mad Dog
|Previous episode:||Next episode:|