|Plot||Big Bird's cousin Herman visits Sesame Street.|
|Air date||March 4, 1977|
|Season||Season 8 (1976-1977)|
|Sponsors||D, W, 4|
- Big Bird's cousin, Herman Bird, is coming to visit from the country. Big Bird has built a house for his cousin -- but he forgot to hold the wood together, and it falls apart.
- Maria asks Herman to return a watering can, thinking he's Big Bird.
- Herman goes to sleep, but is woken up by the city noises, which are all strange to him.
- Big Bird finally puts Herman to sleep by playing farm animal sounds on his tape recorder, but this wakes up everyone else in the neighborhood.
- Song: "Change It to a Song".
- The Street scenes from this episode are a re-run from episode 0745.
|Previous episode:||Next episode:|
|Episode 0994||Episode 0996|