|Plot||Big Bird presents a rhyming show.|
|Air date||February 28, 1977|
|Season||Season 8 (1976-1977)|
|Sponsors||B, Y, 5|
- Big Bird explains all about eggs to Grover, but Grover can't understand the fact that there's a baby chick inside each egg. How did the chick get inside?
- Harvey Kneeslapper prepares to shock someone with a hand buzzer upon saying "Gimme five!" However, his opponent slaps a number 5 on his shirt instead!
- Bert and Big Bird fight over who should tell about the letter B. Maria encourages them to cooperate and do it together.
- Big Bird organizes a rhyming show. The Prince he presents to his audience fails to find rhyming words and is told to leave the stage.
- Lefty the Salesman wants to sell Ernie a painting of a tree, which he says is a picture of four elephants. Ernie doesn't see the four elephants, so Lefty offers to show him the elephants if Ernie will buy the picture for a nickel. Lefty points out the elephants, which are actually spaces in the tree's branches. Ernie shells out for the picture. Ernie wants to pull the same trick on Bert, but Bert notices the elephants right away. (First: Episode 0278)
- Ernie and Bert: Ernie notices that none of the lampposts are on, and the lights won't turn on. Bert says that there is a blackout, but has to repeat himself when Ernie suggests they watch TV, play a record and listen to the radio. Ernie decides to call someone to see if anybody else knows about it. He calls Oscar the Grouch, who grouchily asks who's calling and threatens to "see to it that you don't sleep for a week." Ernie says "It's Bert" and hangs up.
- This episode's plot is recycled from Episode 0757.
|Previous episode:||Next episode:|
|Episode 0990||Episode 0992|