|Plot|| Oscar pretends to be a pirate.|
repeat of 0731
|Air date||February 21, 1977|
|Season||Season 8 (1976-1977)|
|Sponsors||B, Y, 12|
- Big Bird tells Mr. Snuffleupagus that he's an imaginary creature. He says that the adults all insist that he's just a figment of Big Bird's imagination, and they know best. This makes both of them very sad. So they start to cry. Then Big Bird notices that Snuffy is shedding, which confirms that he is indeed real.
- Oscar, who thinks he's a pirate, has built a long plank running out from the middle of his trash can, but Maria, Gordon and Susan protest that the plank is dangerous to passersby.
- Oscar the Pirate is looking for a first victim to walk the plank, so he can fall into the ocean and be eaten by sharks. The Count is the first to walk the plank, but he ends up counting his steps.
- Cookie Monster: At the library, Cookie Monster asks an Anything Muppet librarian for a box of cookies. The librarian becomes extremely frustrated because Cookie Monster doesn't understand the library doesn't have cookies! (EKA: Episode 0926)
- Hard Head Henry Harris plays "Headball" at Roosevelt Franklin Stadium, where he must answer this question: where is bread made?
- Cartoon: "Jungle Add and Subtract" -- Ladybugs and lizards are added and subtracted. (EKA: Episode 0277)
- Cartoon: A hand draws a guitarist serenading a maiden, as well as the background. (EKA: Episode 0822)
- A boy spells B words.
|Previous episode:||Next episode:|
|Episode 0985||Episode 0987|