|Plot||Big Bird tries to prove that he's old enough to do anything.|
|Air date||February 14, 1975|
|Season||Season 6 (1974-1975)|
- Big Bird is hurt because Luis, Gordon and Maria won't let him help fix a door hinge. They tell him he's not old enough.
- To prove that he's old enough to do anything, Big Bird wears a gray beard and carries a cane. Luis, Gordon and Maria agree to do something that old people do -- talk. Big Bird gets bored, and goes off with the Kids.
- Roosevelt Franklin teaches the best way to cross the street.
- Luis, Gordon and Maria offer to help Big Bird fix his nest. In the end, Big Bird agrees, and gives them instructions: "Now just take these little sticks... chew them up good... and then be sure to mix them with the right amount of mud."
- Ernie and Bert: Ernie stacks cups and saucers in order to count them, making Bert quite nervous. Luckily, they're glued together. (EKA: Episode 0677)
- Ernie and Bert: Ernie makes a clay bust of Bert, but runs out of clay for the nose, so he pulls Bert's nose off and puts it on the statue. (EKA: Episode 0677)
- Maria, Luis and Gordon sing "Every Language Has Words That Are Different."
- This episode's plot is repeated in Episode 0990.
|Previous episode:||Next episode:|
|Episode 0739||Episode 0741|